Self-dual Codes-Theme and Variations
Self-dual codes over GF(2), GF(3) and GF(4) were classified from the early 70’s until the early 80’s. A method for how to do this and eficient descriptions of the codes were developed , , , , . New results related to the binary classifications have recently appeared. New formats and classifications have also recently occurred. These events, their relations to the old classifications and open problems will be given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bachoc, C.: On harmonic weight enumerators of binary codes. DESI (1999) 11–28.Google Scholar
- 6.Conway, J.H., Sloane, N.J.A.: Self-dual codes over the integers modulo 4. JCT(A)62 (1993) 31–45.Google Scholar
- 8.Fields, J.E., Gaborit, P., Huffman, W.C., Pless, V.: On the classification of formallyself-dual codes. Proceedings of thirty-sixth Allerton Conference, UIUC, (1998) 566–575.Google Scholar
- 10.Fields, J.E., Gaborit, P., Huffman, W.C., Pless, V.: On the classification of extremal,even, formally self-dual codes of lengths 20 and 22 (preprint).Google Scholar
- 13.Hohn, G.: Self-dual codes over Kleinian four group. (preprint) 1996.Google Scholar
- 23.Rains, E.M., Sloane, N.J.A.: Self-dual codes. Handbook of Coding Theory.V. Plessand W.C. Huffman, North Holland, eds., Amsterdam, 1998.Google Scholar