UniTesK Test Suite Architecture
The article presents the main components of the test suite architecture underlying UniTesK test development technology, an automated specification based test development technology for use in industrial testing of general-purpose software. The architecture presented contains such elements as automatically generated oracles, components to monitor formally defined test coverage criteria, and test scenario specifications for test sequence generation with the help of an automata based testing mechanism. This work stems from the ISP RAS results of academic research and 7-years experience in industrial application of formal testing techniques .
Keywordsspecification based testing partition testing automata based testing test suite architecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.M. Obayashi, H. Kubota, S. P. McCarron, L. Mallet. The Assertion Based Testing Tool for OOP: ADL2, available via http://adl.xopen.org/exgr/icse/icse98.htm
- 7.A. Petrenko, I. Bourdonov, A. Kossatchev, and V. Kuliamin. Experiences in using testing tools and technology in real-life applications. Proceedings of SETT’01, India, Pune, 2001.Google Scholar
- 8.A. K. Petrenko. Specification Based Testing: Towards Practice. Proceedings of PSI’01. LNCS, Springer-Verlag. To be printed.Google Scholar
- 9.E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, and J. Vlissides. Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.Igor B. Bourdonov, Alexey V. Demakov, Andrew A. Jarov, Alexander S. Kossatchev, Victor V. Kuliamin, Alexander K. Petrenko, Sergey V. Zelenov. Java Specification Extension for Automated Test Development. Proceedings of PSI’01. LNCS, Springer-Verlag. To be printed.Google Scholar
- 13.J.-C. Fernandez, H. Garavel, A. Kerbrat, R. Mateescu, L. Mounier, and M. Sighireanu. CADP: A Protocol Validation and Verification Toolbox. Proceedings of the 8-th Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA), 1996, pp. 437–440.Google Scholar
- 14.H. Garavel, F. Lang, and R. Mateescu. An overview of CADP 2001. INRIA Technical Report TR-254, December 2001.Google Scholar