From Requirements to Validated Embedded Systems
We outline a practical modular method for the development of embedded systems from requirements and its comprehensive support by a CASE tool. Our focal point is on model-oriented development, multiview modelling, and validation. We present a method with a comprehensive tool support to develop models systematically from requirements and discuss various validation techniques by means of a car seat example. The resulting method is industrial strength, but nevertheless based on a solid scientific foundation and mathematical theory.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Bajraktari: Modelbasiertes Requirements Tracing. Master thesis, TU München, 2001Google Scholar
- 2.M. Broy: Compositional Refinement of Interactive Systems. DIGITAL Systems Research Center, SRC 89, 1992. Also in: Journal of the ACM, Volume 44, No. 6 (Nov. 1997), 850–891Google Scholar
- 3.M. Broy. Requirements engineering for embedded systems. In Proc. of FemSys’97, 1997.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Broy, O. Slotosch Enriching the Software Development Process by Formal Methods, Proceedings of FM-Trends 98, LNCS 1641Google Scholar
- 5.M. Broy, K. Stølen: Specification and Development of Interactive Systems: FOCUS Focus on Streams, Interfaces, and Refinement. Springer 2001Google Scholar
- 6.F. Huber, S. Molterer, A. Rausch, B. Schätz, M. Sihling, O. Slotosch: Tool supported Specification and Simulation of Distributed Systems, Proceedings of International Symposium on Software Engineering for Parallel and Distributed Systems, 1998Google Scholar
- 7.J. Philipps, O. Slotosch: The Quest for Correct Systems: Model Checking of Diagramms and Datatypes, Proceedings of Asia Pacific Software Engineering Conference 1999, 449–458Google Scholar
- 8.A. Pretschner, O. Slotosch, H. Lötzbeyer, E. Aiglstorfer, S. Kriebel: Model Based Testing for Real: The Inhouse Card Case Study in Proc. 6th Intl. Workshop on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems (FMICS01), Paris, July 2001Google Scholar
- 9.O. Slotosch: Quest: Overview over the project, Proceedings of FM-Trends 98, 1998 LNCS 1641: 346–350Google Scholar
- 10.G. Wimmel, A. Pretschner, O. Slotosch: Specification Based Test Sequence Generation with Propositional Logic, Journal on Software Testing Verification and Reliablilty (to appear)Google Scholar
- 11.SAE. Certification considerations for highly-integrated or complex aircraft systems. ARP 4754, 1996.Google Scholar
- 12.RTCA Inc., EUROCAE. Design assurance guidance for airborne electronic hardware. Working draft #17, SC-180 / ED-80, 1999. RTCA Inc., EUROCAE. Software considerations in airborne systems and equipment certification. DO-178B / ED-12B, 1992.Google Scholar
- 13.IEEE Std 830-1993: IEEE Recommended Practice for Software Requirements Specification. IEEE, 1994.Google Scholar