Retracts in Simple Types
In this paper we prove the decidability of the existence of a definable retraction between two given simple types. Instead of defining some extension of a former type system from which these retractions could be inferred, we obtain this result as a corollary of the decidability of the minimal model of simply typed λ-calculus.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BL85]Bruce, K., Longo, G. (1985) Provable isomorphims and domain equations in models of typed languages. A.C.M. Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC 85).Google Scholar
- [Dez76]Dezani-Ciancaglini, M. (1976) Characterization of normal forms possessing inverse in the λβη-calculus. TCS 2.Google Scholar
- [LPS92]de’Liguoro, U., Piperno, A., Statman, R. (1992) Retracts in simply typed λβη-calculus. Proceeding of the 7th annual IEEE symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS92), IEEE Computer Society Press.Google Scholar
- [Loa97]Loader, R. (1997) An Algorithm for the Minimal Model. Manuscript. Available at http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/loader/.
- [Pad95]Padovani, V. (1995) Decidability of all minimal models. Proceedings of the annual meeting Types for Proof and Programs — Torino 1995, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1158, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- [Sch98]Schmidt-Schauβ, M. (1998) Decidability of Behavioral Equivalence in Unary PCF. Theorical Computer Science 216.Google Scholar