Real-Time Tracking of Video Sequences in a Panoramic View for Object-Based Video Coding
We present a real-time tracking system that uses a panoramic view of the scene as a reference. This view is captured with a specialized camera we developed. The tracking is robust, as it is not fooled by small objects that move differently from the background. Therefore, we can segment those objects, and code the different video object planes separately.
KeywordsVideo Sequence Interest Point Learning Stage Panoramic View Interest Region
- 1.Gregory D. Hager and Peter N. Belhumeur, Efficient Region Tracking With Parametric Models of Geometry and Illumination, IEEE PAMI, Vol. 20, oct 1999, p. 1025–1039Google Scholar
- 2.F. Jurie and M. Dhome. Hyperplane approximation for template matching. IEEE PAMI, 24(7), pages 996–1000, 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.ISO, Overview of the MPEG-4 Standard, Melbourne, October 1999.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Black and A. Jepson, Eigentracking: Robust matching and tracking of articulated objects using a view-based represesentation, IEEE PAMI, 20(10):1025–1039, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.P. J. Rousseeuw, and K. Van Driessen, Computing LTS Regression for Large Data Sets, Technical Report, University of Antwerp, 1999.Google Scholar