A Decision Support Tool for the Conceptual Design of De-oiling Systems
assessing the types and magnitudes of waste-water streams
exploring the feasibility of mixing different streams.
selecting the types of de-oiling equipment at different stream locations
considers the need for multi-stage treatment to meet quality requirements stated in standards and regulations.
CODES is implemented in Microsoft Excel and is accessed via a web-based front-end.
KeywordsExpert System Decision Support System Conceptual Design Activity Model Decision Support Tool
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dharaphop, Jirapong: Expert System for Disposal of Produced Water from Petroleum Exploration and Production in New Mexico, MSc. Thesis, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, New Mexico (1993)Google Scholar
- 2.Eckles, Wesley W. Jr.: Expert System for Quantitative Log Analysis, Petroleum Engineer International, Vol. 63 (June) 72Google Scholar
- 3.Miller, Betty A.: Object Oriented Expert Systems and their Applications to Sedimentary Basin Analysis, U.S. G.P.O., Denver (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Soto Becerra, Rodolfo.: An Expert System to Select the Appropriate Fracture Treatment Design Model, MSc. Thesis Texas A & M University, Texas (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Affleck, Noel; Zamora, Mario: PC-Based Expert System Aids Optimum Mud Selection, Petroleum Engineer International, Vol. 59 (January) 38Google Scholar
- 6.Courteille, J. M.; Fabre, M.; Hollander, C. R.: An Advanced Solution: The Drilling Advisor, Journal of Petroleum Technology, Vol. 38 (August) 899–904Google Scholar
- 7.Eckles, Wesley W. Jr.: Expert System for Casing and Tubing Strings, Petroleum Engineer International, Vol. 63 (August) 55–58Google Scholar
- 8.Onan, D. D.; Kulakofsky, D.; Van Domelen, M. S.: Expert Systems Help Design Cementing and Acidising Jobs, Oil & Gas Journal, Vol. 91 (April) 59–61Google Scholar
- 9.Kulakofsky, David; Crook, Ronald J.: Knowledge Based Expert System Ease Cement Slurry Design, Offshore, Vol. 52 (June), Oklahoma 43Google Scholar
- 10.Cadmus, Richard H.; Woosley, Melvin D.: Expert Systems Complement Refinery Information Systems, Oil & Gas Journal, Vol. 87 (January) 50–54Google Scholar
- 11.Takahashi, Kimikazu.; Kateeshock, Tom.: Expert System for Refinery Off-Site Facility Management, ISA Transactions, Vol. 31, No.2, 67–75Google Scholar
- 12.Damaron, E. Bruce.; Schulze, Randall T.; Bochsler, Daniel C.: Well Control Becomes Target for Expert Systems, Oil and Gas Journal, Vol. 87 (February) 35–40Google Scholar
- 13.Xiong, Hongjie: STIMEX-An Expert System Approach to Well Stimulation Design, PhD. Thesis Texas A & M University, Texas (1992)Google Scholar
- 14.Khan, Sameer Ali: An Expert System to Aid in Compositional Simulation of Miscible Gas Flooding, PhD. Thesis University of Texas at Austin (1992)Google Scholar
- 15.Ayral, T. E.: On Line Expert System for Process Control, Hydrocarbon Processing, Vol. 68 (June) 61–63Google Scholar
- 16.Heywood, C. H.: Pipeline SCADA Systems: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Pipeline Industry, Vol. 67 (August) 46Google Scholar
- 17.Kobyakov, A. I.: Include Heuristics in Protection Systems, Hydrocarbon Processing, Vol. 72, No.2, 79Google Scholar
- 18.Ramanathan, Prasad.; Kannan, Suresh.; Davis, James F.: Use Knowledge Based System Programming Toolkits to Improve Plant Troubleshooting, Chemical Engineering Progress, Vol. 89 (June) 75–84Google Scholar
- 19.Spriggs, Kevin V.: The Uses of Rule Based Programming in a Unit Level Programmable Controller at Auburn University’s Waste Oil Reprocessing Facility, MSc. Thesis Auburn University (1986)Google Scholar
- 20.Touchstone, Terrel.; Blackwell, Derek E.; Carter, Grady E.: Expert Systems Trains, Advises Process Operators, Oil and Gas Journal, Vol. 88 (February) 41–44Google Scholar
- 21.Fowler, Martin; Scott, Kendall: UML Distilled: Applying the Standard Object Modelling Language, Addison-Wesley, USA (1997)Google Scholar
- 22.Giarratano, J.: CLIPS User’s Guide, NASA, Lyndon B. Johnson Center Information Systems Directorate, Software Technology Branch (1993)Google Scholar