Understanding Support of Group in Web Collaborative Learning, Based on Divergence among Different Answering Processes
Recently, web based collaborative learning is one of the hottest subject. In collaborative learning, not only deriving answer, but also considering various methods is important in order to get the ability to deal with different exercises. Therefore, our objective is to grasp the process of solving answer and specify the derived answering paths, then generate advice to make the learning effectual.
In this paper, we focus on the mechanism to grasp the extent of discussion and detect answering methods that students need to discuss about. Our approach is to arrange the answering paths on “discussion-extent projection” based on the similarity among them and detect the answering paths that include different viewpoint than derived one. In addition, we address “divergent tree” which represents whole answering paths with respect to the divergent points among them in order to calculate the similarity.
KeywordsCollaborative Learning Learning Situation Learning Group Computer Support Collaborative Learn Distinguishable Word
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Ogata, K. Imai, K. Matsuura, and Y. Yano: “Knowledge awareness map for open-ended and collaborative learning on world wide web.” Proc. of ICCE’99, Vol. 1, pp. 319–326, (1999).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Watanabe, T. Nakabayashi, H. Satoh, T. Jiang, and T. Oda: “Web-based educational system: Monitoring and assisting learners.” Proc. of ICCE’99, Vol. 1, pp. 693–700, (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Nakamura and S. Otsuki: “Group learning environment based on hypothesis generation and inference externalization.” Proc. of ICCE’98, Vol. 2, pp. 535–538, (1998).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Kojiri and T. Watanabe: “Adaptable learning environment for supporting a group of unspecified participants in web.” Proc. of SITE’99, pages 1937–1942, (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Kojiri and T. Watanabe: “A management method of leaning situation in collaborative learning.” Proc. of ICCE’99, Vol. 1, pp. 386–393, (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Liming, H. Minghua, and Q. Yuhui: “A web-based multi-agent collaboration learning system.” Proc. of ICCE’98, Vol. 1, pp. 205–210, (1998).Google Scholar