CESUE: A Cooking Education System in ubiHome Environment
In this paper, we propose a cooking education system for the ubiHome environment (CESUE). Generally, web-based cooking education system runs without considering the user’s learning state. Therefore, if a user misses the lecture, he/she must find the missed part using a time bar or other ways. With the help of rapidly deploying ubiquitous computing, the proposed CESUE can provide user-oriented multimedia cooking lectures by allowing the user to control each step interactively over the network. The proposed system consists of three key components; (i) vision-based interface, (ii) interaction for contents control, and (iii) visual and sound feedback. According to the scenario-based experiments, CESUE provides a more efficient cooking class than conventional text-based or web-based classes. The proposed system can be used as not only in the education system but also in various media applications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ERICSSON, “From e-learning to m-learning,” http://learning.ericsson.net/leonardo/, 2002
- Hirokazu Kato, Mark Billinghurst and Ivan Poupyrev. “ARToolKit PC manual version 2.11,” 1999Google Scholar
- Kato H. and Billinghurst, M., “Marker Tracking and HMD Calibration for a video-based Augmented Reality Conferencing System,” Proceedings International Workshop on Aug-mented Reality (IWAR99). October, 1999Google Scholar
- H. Kato, M. Billinghurst, I. Poupyrev, K. Imamoto, and K. Tachibana, “Virtual object ma-nipulation on a tabletop AR environment,” In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Augmented Reality (ISAR 2000), October 2000Google Scholar
- Billinghurst, M., Kato, H., Poupyrev, I., “The MagicBook: Moving Seamlessly between Re-ality and Virtuality,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, pp. 2–4, May/June, 2001Google Scholar
- Patrick A. S. Sinclair, Kirk Martinez, “Tangible Hypermedia using the ARTool-Kit,” The First IEEE International Augmented Reality Toolkit Workshop, September 2002Google Scholar
- José Miguel Salles Dias, Pedro Santos, Rui Silvestre, Rafael Bastos, “Tangible Interaction for Conceptual Architectural Design,” The First IEEE International Augmented Reality Toolkit Workshop, September, 2002Google Scholar
- Charles B. Owen, Fan Xiao, Paul Middlin, “What is the best fiducial?,” The First IEEE Inter-national Augmented Reality Toolkit Workshop, September, 2002.. Baldonado, M., Chang, C.-C.K., Gravano, L., Paepcke, A.: The Stanford Digital Library Metadata Architecture. Int. J. Digit. Libr. 1 (1997) 108–121Google Scholar