CESUE: A Cooking Education System in ubiHome Environment
In this paper, we propose a cooking education system for the ubiHome environment (CESUE). Generally, web-based cooking education system runs without considering the user’s learning state. Therefore, if a user misses the lecture, he/she must find the missed part using a time bar or other ways. With the help of rapidly deploying ubiquitous computing, the proposed CESUE can provide user-oriented multimedia cooking lectures by allowing the user to control each step interactively over the network. The proposed system consists of three key components; (i) vision-based interface, (ii) interaction for contents control, and (iii) visual and sound feedback. According to the scenario-based experiments, CESUE provides a more efficient cooking class than conventional text-based or web-based classes. The proposed system can be used as not only in the education system but also in various media applications.
KeywordsAugmented Reality Selection Marker Tangible User Interface Control Marker Lecture Video
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ERICSSON, “From e-learning to m-learning,” http://learning.ericsson.net/leonardo/, 2002
- Hirokazu Kato, Mark Billinghurst and Ivan Poupyrev. “ARToolKit PC manual version 2.11,” 1999Google Scholar
- Kato H. and Billinghurst, M., “Marker Tracking and HMD Calibration for a video-based Augmented Reality Conferencing System,” Proceedings International Workshop on Aug-mented Reality (IWAR99). October, 1999Google Scholar
- H. Kato, M. Billinghurst, I. Poupyrev, K. Imamoto, and K. Tachibana, “Virtual object ma-nipulation on a tabletop AR environment,” In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Augmented Reality (ISAR 2000), October 2000Google Scholar
- Billinghurst, M., Kato, H., Poupyrev, I., “The MagicBook: Moving Seamlessly between Re-ality and Virtuality,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, pp. 2–4, May/June, 2001Google Scholar
- Patrick A. S. Sinclair, Kirk Martinez, “Tangible Hypermedia using the ARTool-Kit,” The First IEEE International Augmented Reality Toolkit Workshop, September 2002Google Scholar
- José Miguel Salles Dias, Pedro Santos, Rui Silvestre, Rafael Bastos, “Tangible Interaction for Conceptual Architectural Design,” The First IEEE International Augmented Reality Toolkit Workshop, September, 2002Google Scholar
- Charles B. Owen, Fan Xiao, Paul Middlin, “What is the best fiducial?,” The First IEEE Inter-national Augmented Reality Toolkit Workshop, September, 2002.. Baldonado, M., Chang, C.-C.K., Gravano, L., Paepcke, A.: The Stanford Digital Library Metadata Architecture. Int. J. Digit. Libr. 1 (1997) 108–121Google Scholar