Designing and Implementing a General Purpose Halfedge Data Structure
Plane structures: including planar maps for GIS, 2D Boolean modeling, 2D graphics, scienti.c computations, computer vision. The requirements on HDS are that that some edges may be in.nite (e.g., Voronoi diagrams), or border edges (e.g., for bounded polygonal domains), it may include holes in the facets (planar maps), and that if so, one of the connected boundary cycle is distinguished as the outer boundary (the others are inner holes).
Boundary representation of three-dimensional solids: including Brep representation, solid modeling, polyhedral surfaces, 3D graphics. The requirements here vary slightly: holes may still be allowed, but there is no need to distinguish an outer boundary, in.nite edges are not always useful but border edges might need to be allowed.
KeywordsOuter Boundary Voronoi Diagram Delaunay Triangulation Polyhedral Surface Template Library
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. H. Austern. Generic Programming and the STL. Professional computing series. Addison-Wesley, 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.B. G. Baumgart. A polyhedron representation for computer vision. In Proc. AFIPS Natl. Comput. Conf., volume 4, pages 589–596. PS Press, Arlington, Va. 1975.Google Scholar
- 3.J.-D. Boissonnat, O. Devillers, M. Teillaud, and M. Yvinec. Triangulations in CGAL. In Proc. 16th Annu. ACM Sympos. Comput. Geom., pages 11–18, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.C. Burnikel. Delaunay graphs by divide and conquer. Research Report MPI-I-98-1-027, Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik, Saarbrücken, 1998. 24 pages.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Cazier and J.-F. Dufourd. Rewriting-based derivation of efficient algorithms to build planar subdivisions. In Werner Purgathofer, editor, 12th Spring Conference on Computer Graphics, pages 45–54, 1996.Google Scholar
- 7.The CGAL Reference Manual, 1999. Release 2.0.Google Scholar
- 8.J. O. Coplien. Multi-Paradigm Design for C++. Addison-Wesley, 1999.Google Scholar
- 10.E. Flato, D. Halperin, I. Hanniel, and O. Nechushtan. The design and implementation of planar maps in CGAL. In Abstracts 15th European Workshop Comput. Geom., pages 169–172. INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, 1999.Google Scholar
- 11.L. J. Guibas and J. Stolfi. Primitives for the manipulation of general subdivisions and the computation of Voronoi diagrams. ACM Trans. Graph., 4(2):74–123, April 1985.Google Scholar
- 13.L.-Q. Lee, J. G. Siek, and A. Lumsdaine. The generic graph component library. In Proceedings OOPSLA’ 99, 1999.Google Scholar
- 16.F. P. Preparata and M. I. Shamos. Computational Geometry: An Introduction. Springer-Verlag, 3rd edition, October 1990.Google Scholar
- 17.J. Siek and A. Lumsdaine. Concept checking: Binding parametric polymorphism in C++. In First Workshop on C++ Template Programming, Erfurt, Germany, October 10 2000.Google Scholar
- 18.K. Weiler. Topological Structures for Geometric Modeling. PhD thesis, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, August 1986.Google Scholar