A New Category for Semantics
Domain theory for denotational semantics is over thirty years old. There are many variations on the idea and many interesting constructs that have been proposed by many people for realizing a wide variety of types as domains. Generally, the effort has been to create categories of domains that are cartesian closed (that is, have products and function spaces interpreting typed lambda-calculus) and permit solutions to domain equations (that is, interpret recursive domain definitions and perhaps untyped lambda-calculus).
KeywordsEquivalence Relation Full Subcategory Domain Theory Denotational Semantic Domain Equation
- 1.S. Awodey, A. Bauer. Sheaf Toposes for Realizability. April 2001. Preprint CMU-PHIL-117.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Bauer, L. Birkedal, D. S. Scott. Equilogical Spaces. September 1998. Revised February 2001. To appear in Theoretical Computer Science.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Bauer The Realizability Approach to Computable Analysis and Topology. Ph.D. Thesis. September 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Awodey, J. Hughes. The Coalgebraic Dual of Birkhoff’s Variety Theorem. Preprint. October 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.L. Birkedal, J. van Oosten. Relative and Modified Relative Realizability. Preprint 1146, Department of Mathematics, Universiteit Utrecht. March 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Bauer, L. Birkedal. Continuous Functionals of Dependent Types and Equilogical Spaces. Proceedings of Computer Science Logic Conference 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Awodey, L. Birkedal, D. S. Scott. Local Realizability Toposes and a Modal Logic for Computability. January 2000. To appear in Math. Struct. in Comp. Sci.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Birkedal. A General Notion of Realizability. December 1999. Proceedings of LICS 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Birkedal. Developing Theories of Types and Computability via Realizability. PhD-thesis. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, 34, 2000. Available at http://www.elsevier.nl/locate/entcs/volume34.html. December 1999.
- 10.S. Awodey and L. Birkedal. Elementary Axioms for Local Maps of Toposes. Technical Report No. CMU-PHIL103. November 1999. To appear in Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra.Google Scholar
- 11.S. Awodey. Topological Representation of the Lambda Calculus. September 1998. Mathematical Structures in Computer Science(2000), vol. 10, pp. 81–96.Google Scholar
- 12.L. Birkedal, A. Carboni, G. Rosolini, and D. S. Scott. Type Theory via Exact Categories. LICS 1998. July 1998.Google Scholar
- 13.D. S. Scott. A New Category?: Domains, Spaces and Equivalence Relations. Unpublished Manuscript. December 1996.Google Scholar