Using the Dual of Proximity Graphs for Binary Decision Tree Design
This paper describes an algorithm to design a tree-structured classifier with the hyperplanes associated with a set of prototypes. The main purpose of this technique consists of defining a classification scheme whose result is close to that produced by the Nearest Neighbour decision rule, but getting important computation savings during classification.
KeywordsNearest Neighbour Decision Tree Classification GabrielGraph Relative Neighbourhood Graph
- 13.D. Heath, S. Kasif and S. Salzberg, “Learning oblique decision trees”, In Proc. 13th Int. Joint Conf. Artfificial Intelligence, 1202–1207, 1993.Google Scholar
- 17.F.P. Preparata and M.I. Shamos, Computational geometry. An introduction, Springer: New York, 1985.Google Scholar
- 18.J. R. Quinlan, “Induction of decision trees”, Machine Learning 1, 81–106, 1986.Google Scholar
- 21.J.S. Sánchez, F. Pla and F.J. Ferri, “A Voronoi-diagram-based approach to oblique decision tree induction”, In Proc. 14th Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition 1, 542–544, 1998.Google Scholar
- 22.G. T. Toussaint, B. K. Bhattacharya and R. S. Poulsen, “The application of Voronoi diagrams to nonparametric decision rules”, In Computer Science & Statistics: 16th Symp. Interface, 97–108, 1984.Google Scholar