A Watermarking Scheme Based on the Characteristic of Addition among DCT Coefficients
Generally, low frequency domain may be useful to embed a watermark in an image. However, if a watermark is embedded into low frequency components, blocking effects may occur in the image. Then considering blocking effects, we study some characteristics among DCT coeffcients and find some interesting mutual relations. Here, the robustness of many schemes based on the orthogonal transformations such as DCT may be doubtful against geometric transformations. For the distortions produced by some geometric transformations, we propose a searching protocol to find the watermarked block which is rotated and shifted. In the proposed scheme, a watermark can remain in the attacked image with very high probability in our scheme. Further, the watermark becomes more robust than the above scheme using error-correction.
KeywordsWatermark Scheme Digital Content JPEG Compression Digital Watermark Geometric Transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.T. Mori and H. Imai, “The distribution of DCT coeffcients to embed digital wa-termarks” SCIS98-3.2.E, (Jan, 1998).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Lee and H. Imai, “A new method of selecting blocks for the digital watermark using DCT” SCIS98-3.2.D, (Jan, 1998).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Nakanishi and H. Tanaka, “Watermark of images having tolerance for clipping attack” SITA99, pp.613–616(Dec, 1999).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Iwata and A. Shiozaki, “Index data embedding method for color images utilizing features of wavelet transform” SITA99, pp.181–184 (Dec, 1999).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Ishizuka, Y. Sakai and K. Sakurai, “A new digital watermarking method based on visual illusions” SITA97, pp.65–68, (Dec, 1997).Google Scholar
- 8.Fabien A. P. Petitcolas and Ross J. Anderson, “Evaluation of copyright marking systems” Proc. IEEE Multimedia Systems’99, Vol.1, pp.574–579, (Jun, 1999).Google Scholar
- 10.I. J. Cox, J. Kilian, F. T. Leigthton and T. Shamoon, “Secure spread spectrum watermarking for multimedia” Proc. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol.6, No.12, pp.1673–1687, (Dec, 1997).Google Scholar
- 11.M. D. Swanson, M. Kobayashi and A. H. Tewlfilk, “Multimedia data-embedding and watermarking technologies,” Proc. IEEE (Special Issue on Multimedia Signal Processing), Vol.86, No.6, pp.1064–1087, (Jun, 1998).Google Scholar
- 12.F. Hartung and M. Kutter, “Multimedia watermarking techniques”d Proc. IEEE, Vol.87, No.7, pp.1079–1107, (Jul, 1999).Google Scholar
- 13.J. Tanimoto and A. Shiozaki, “A digital image watermarking scheme withstanding StirMark attack” SCIS99, pp.217–222, (Jan, 1999).Google Scholar