A Fast Index for XML Document Version Management
With the increasing popularity of storing content on the WWW and intranet in XML form, there arises the need for the control and management of this data. As this data is constantly evolving, users want to be able to query and retrieve previous versions efficiently. This paper proposes an efficient index that support fast version updates and retrievals. Experimental results have shown that the system carries little overhead compared to those without version management support.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Chawathe, S. Abiteboul, and J. Widom. Representing and querying changes in semistructured data. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Data Engineering, February 1998.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Chawathe and H. Garcia-Molina. Meaningful change detection in structured data. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pages 26–37, May 1997.Google Scholar
- 3.S-Y. Chien, V. Tsotras, and C. Zaniolo. Copy-based versus edit-based version management schemes for structured documents. In RIDE-DM, pages 95–102, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.S-Y. Chien, V.J. Tsotras, and C. Zaniolo. Efficient management of multiversion documents by object referencing. In Proceedings of VLDB, September 2001.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Cobena, S. Abiteboul, and A. Marian. Detecting changes in xml documents. In ICDE (San Jose), 2002.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Marian, S. Abiteboul, G. Cobéna, and L. Mignet. Change-centric management of versions in an xml warehouse. In Proceedings of VLDB, September 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.W3C Recommendation. Xml path language (xpath) version 1.0. http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath, November 1999.
- 8.Soda Technologies. Soda3 xml database management system version 3.0. URL: http://www.sodatech.com.
- 9.Y. Wang, D. J. DeWitt, and J-Y. Cai. X-diff: An effective change detection algorithm for xml documents. Technical report, University of Wisconsin, 2001.Google Scholar
- 10.R.K. Wong. The extended xql for querying and updating large xml databases. In Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on on Document Engineering (DocEng), November 2001.Google Scholar