A Method of Automatic Detection of Lexical Relationships Using a Raw Corpus
This work presents some results on the application of a criterion used to compare the senses of a pair of words. A measure that involves the senses of words was used to reinforce hypothesis like hyponymy relationship between the words.
KeywordsQuery Expansion Word Sense Information Retrieval System Index Term Concept Hierarchy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Davey, B. amp; Priestley, H.: Introduction to lattices and order, Cambridge Mathematical Textbooks, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.Gelbukh, A.: Lazy query enrichment: a simple method of indexing large specialized document bases, Proc.DEXA-2000 11th Int. Conf. and Workshop on Databases and Expert Systems Applications, 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.Lavalle-Martínez, J.: Representación isoanalógica de objetos n-dimensionales, M.Sc. Thesis, CINVESTAV (México), 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Mandala, R.; Tokunaga, T. amp; Tanaka, H.: Combining multiple evidence from different types of thesaurus, Proc. 22nd International Conference ACM-SIGIR, 191–197, 1999.Google Scholar
- 6.Sanderson, M. amp; Croft, W.B.: Deriving concept hierarchies from text, Proc. 22nd International Conference ACM-SIGIR, 206–213, 1999.Google Scholar