Cooperative Data Fusion Amongst Multiple Uninhabited Air Vehicles
This paper will present the latest research endeavors into decentralised data fusion when using multiple uninhabited air vehicles. The paper will focus on the development of Decentralised Picture Compilation and SLAM algorithms when applied to a 6DoF platform. Results from real data are presented and the issues associated in the development of the algorithms and the conclusions drawn from such an endeavor will also be discussed.
KeywordsData Fusion Pa55ed D0wn Data 5et5 Slam Algorithm Cooperative Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Clark and M.W.M.G. Dissanayake. Simulataneous localisation and map building using millimeter wave radar to extract natural features. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation., pages 1316–1321, Detroit, USA, May 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Neira J.A. Castellanos, J.M.M. Montiel and J.D. Tardos. Sensor influence in the performance of simultaneous mobile robot localization and map building. In 6th International Symposium on Experimental Robotics, pages 203–212, Sydney, 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.R.N. Carpenter, J.J. Leonard and H.J.S. Feder. Stochastic mapping using forward looking sonar. In FSR’ 99 International Conference on Field and Service Robotics, pages 69–74, Pittsburg, 1999.Google Scholar
- 4.J.J. Leonard and H.F. Durrant-Whyte. Simultaneous map building and localisation for an autonomous mobile robot. In IEEE/RSJ International Workshop on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pages 1442–1447, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.A.G. OMutambara. Decentralised Estimation and Control with Applications to a Modular Robot. PhD thesis, Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.H.F. Durrant-Whyte, S. Clark, M.W.M.G. Dissanayake, P. Newman and M. Csorba. An experimental and theoretical investigation into simulataneous localisation and map building (slam). In Proceedings of the 6th Symposium on Experimental Robotics, pages 171–180, Sydney, Australia, Dec. 1999.Google Scholar
- 7.H.F. Durrant-Whyte, S. Clark, M.W.M.G. Dissanayake, P. Newman and M. Csorba. An experimental and theoretical investigation into simultaneous localisation and map building. In 6th International Symposium on Experimental Robotics, pages 171–180, Sydney, 1999.Google Scholar
- 9.M.W.M.G. Dissanyake, S.B Williams, P. Newman and H.F. Durrant-Whyte. Autonomous underwater simultaneous localisation and map building. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation., San Francisco, USA, April 2000.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Sukkarieh and H.F. Durrant-Whyte. Towards the development of simulataneous localisation and map building for an unmanned air vehicle. In FSR’ 01 International Conference on Field and Service Robotics-Helsinki Finland, 2001.Google Scholar