Definiteness of Polish Noun Phrases Modified by Relative Clauses in the DRT Framework
In this paper, I investigate anaphoric coreference as one of the sources of definiteness of NPs. The main focus here is how relative clauses influence the process of finding an antecedent for an NP in the standard DRT framework. Treelike indexes are adapted for this goal. The analysis is performed for article-free language (Polish). Other sources of definiteness are not considered.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1. Hajnicz, E. (2003) Przeglæd formalnych metod semantycznych. ICS PASReports 965Google Scholar
- 2.2. von Heusinger, K. (2001) Choice functions and anaphoric semantics of De.nite NPs. Workshop Choice functions and natural language semantics, 13th ESSLLIGoogle Scholar
- 3.3. Kamp, H. (1981) A theory of truth and semantic representation. In J. Groenendijk et al., editors Formal methods in the study of language, Mathematisch CentrumGoogle Scholar
- 4.4. Kamp, H. and U. Reyle (1993) From discoruse to logic. KluwerGoogle Scholar
- 5.5. Lewis, D. (1979) Scorekeeoing in a language game. In R. Bäuerle, U. Egli and A. van Stechow (eds.) Semantics from different points of view, Springer p. 172–187Google Scholar