MAPa: a Language for Modelling Conversations in Agent Environments
In this paper we present the MAP a language for expressing dialogues in multiagent systems. This is accomplished by defining patterns of communication between groups of agents, expressed by protocols. Our language is directly implementable and allows to specify the connection between communication and knowledge management in a way that is independent of the specific reasoning techniques used. Here we introduce MAP a formal syntax and we point out added features with respect to its predecessor, the MAP language.
KeywordsMultiagent System Decision Procedure Mathematical Linguistics Electronic Institution Role Hierarchy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1. Dediu A. H., Grando M. A. (2005) Simulating evolutionary algorithms with ecogrammar systems. Proceedings of IWINAC05, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3562. Springer Verlag, 112–121Google Scholar
- 2.2. Esteva M., Rodryguez J. A., Sierra C., Garcia P., Arcos J. L (2001) On the Formal Speci.cation of Electronic Institutions. Agent-mediated Electronic Commerce. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 1991, 126–147Google Scholar
- 3.3. Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agents (1999) FIPA speci.cation part 2 - agent communication language. Available at: www.pa.org.Google Scholar
- 4.4. Greaves M., Holmback H., Bradshaw J. (1999) What is a Conversation Policy?. Proceedings of the Workshop on Specifying and Implementing Conversation Policies, Autonomous Agents 99Google Scholar
- 6.6. Rao A. S., George. M. P. (1995) BDI-agents: from theory to practise. Proceedings of ICMAS-95. AAAI Press, 312–319Google Scholar
- 7.7. Sadek M. D. (1992) A Study in the Logic of Intention. Proceedings of KR92, 462–473.Google Scholar
- 8.8. Shoham Y., Tennenholtz M. (1992) On the Synthesis of Useful Social Laws for Artificial Agent Societies. Proceedings of AAAI–92Google Scholar
- 9.9. Vaconcelos W. (2004) Norm Veri.cation and Analysis of Electronic Institutions. DALT-04, 141–155Google Scholar
- 10.10. Walton C. (2004) Multi-Agent Dialogue Protocols. Proceedings of the Eighth International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and MathematicsGoogle Scholar