Collective Behaviour of Cellular Automata Rules and Symmetric Key Cryptography
Cellular automata (CA) is applied in cryptographic systems. Genetic algorithm (GA) is used to search among predefined set of rules new subsets of rules controlling CA. A high quality pseudorandom numbers sequences (PNSs) are generated by CA applying new subsets of rules. Discovered subset create very efficient cryptographic module used as pseudorandom numbers sequences generator (PNSG). The bad subsets of rules are also discovered and eliminated.
KeywordsCellular Automaton Cellular Automaton Collective Behaviour Stream Cipher Elite Strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1. Bouvry P., Klein G. and Seredynski F. (2005) Weak Key Analysis and Microcontroller Implementation of CA Stream Ciphers, LNAI 3684, Springer, pp. 910-915Google Scholar
- 3.3. Gutowitz H. (1993) Cryptography with Dynamical Systems, in E. Goles and N. Boccara (Eds.) Cellular Automata and Cooperative Phenomena, Kluwer Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- 4.4. Habutsu T. et al. (1991) A Secret Key Cryptosystem by Iterating a Chaotic Map, Proc. of Eurocrypt'91, pp. 127–140Google Scholar
- 5.5. Kari J. (1992) Cryptosystems based on reversible cellular automata, Personal Communication.Google Scholar
- 6.6. Menezes A. et al. (1996) Handbook of Applied Cryptography, CRC PressGoogle Scholar
- 9.9. Schneier B. (1996) Applied Cryptography, Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 10.10. Seredynski F., Bouvry P. and Zomaya A. (2004), Cellular Automata Computation and Secret Key Cryptography, Parallel Computation 30, pp. 753–766Google Scholar
- 11.11. Tomassini M. and Perrenoud M. (2000) Stream Ciphers with One- and Two- Dimensional Cellular Automata, in M. Schoenauer at al. (Eds.) Parallel Problem Solving from Nature - PPSN VI, LNCS 1917, Springer, pp. 722-731Google Scholar
- 12.12. Tomassini M. and SipperM. (2000) On the Generation of High-Quality Random Numbers by Two-Dimensional Cellular Automata, IEEE Trans. on Computers, v. 49, No. 10, pp. 1140–1151Google Scholar
- 13.13. Wolfram S. (1986) Cryptography with Cellular Automata, in Advances in Cryptology: Crypto '85 Proceedings, LNCS 218, Springer, pp. 429–432Google Scholar