Viscous Flow Computations Using a Meshless Solver, LSFD-U
The Upwind-Least Squares Finite Difference (LSFD-U) scheme has been successfully applied for inviscid flow computations. In the present work, we extend the procedure for computing viscous flows. Different ways of discretizing the viscous fluxes are analysed for the positivity, which determines the robustness of the solution procedure. The scheme which is found to be more positive is employed for viscous flux computation. The numerical results for validating the procedure are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Morinishi K., Computational Fluid Dynamics Jl, 9(1) (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.Deshpande S.M., Ghosh A.K., Mandal J.C., Fluid Mechanics Report No. 89 FM 04, Dept. of Aerospace Engg., IISc., Bangalore 12 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.Balakrishnan N., Fluid Mechanics Report No. 99 FM 09, Dept. of Aerospace Engg., IISc., Bangalore 12 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.Coirier W.J.: Ph.D. Thesis, Dept. of Aerospace Engg., The Univ. of Michigan, (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.Sridar D., Balakrishnan N., Fluid Mechanics Report No. 2004 FM 13, Dept. of Aerospace Engg., IISc., Bangalore 12 (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.Fortunato B., Vinicio M.: In Proceedings of 14th ICNMFD, Lecture Notes in Physics, ed by S.M. Deshpande, S.S. Desai and R. Narasimha (Springer-Verlag Berlin 1995), p 259.Google Scholar
- 10.Cook P.H., Report No. AR-138, AGARD, (May, 1979).Google Scholar