Accurate Flow Prediction for Store Separation from Internal Bay
The hybrid LESb turbulence model is a cost-efficient approach to predicting complex high shear flow-field and massively separated flows. The results indicate that the slot-jet has significant impact (20 dB) in suppressing the acoustic load and the behavior of the shear layer.
KeywordsShear Layer Turbulence Model RANS Model Large Eddy Simulation Model Lambda Shock
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. R. Menter, “Zonal Two Equation k-ω Turbulence Models for Aerodynamic Flows,” AIAA 93-2906, 24th Fluid Dynamics Conference, July 6–9, 1993, Orlando FloridaGoogle Scholar
- 2.J. Smagorinsky, “General Circulation Experiments With the Primitive Equations,” Mon. Weather Rev., 91, 99–164.Google Scholar
- 3.R. H. Bush and M. Mani, “A Two-equation LES/RANS Hybrid Turbulence Model for High Sub-grid Shear Model,” AIAA 2001–2561.Google Scholar
- 4.N. Zhuang, F. S. Alvi, M. B. Alkislar, and C. Shih, “Aeroacoustic Properties of Supersonic Cavity Flows and Their Control,” AIAA 2003–3101, 9th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference, May 2003.Google Scholar
- 5.D. P. Rizzetta and M. R. Visbal, “Large-Eddy Simulation of Supersonic Cavity Flowfields Including Flow Control,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 41, No. 8, August 2003.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Mani and D. Ota, “A Compressible Wall Function for Steady and Unsteady Flow Applications,” AIAA-99-3216. Norfolk, VA. 1999.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Mani, A. W. Cary, and S. V. Ramakrishnan, “A Structured and Hybridunstructured Grid Euler and Navier-Stokes Solver for General Geometry,” AIAA 2004-524.Google Scholar