An Implicit Preconditioned JFNK Method for Fully Coupled Radiating Flows. Application to Superorbital Re-Entry Simulations
The effects of radiation sometimes have a great impact on the aerodynamics flows. This happens in several applications such as in superorbital atmospheric entry. In this case, it is important to have a model that fully couples hydrodynamics and radiation in order to have a good behaviour of the solution. However, coupling with the full radiative transfer equation is usually very expensive hence it is not reasonable for multidimensional unsteady computations. In this paper, we briefly introduce the radiation model we use to reduce the computation cost and then discuss the way we make the full coupling between radiation and hydrodynamics. The example of a venusian early entry is given which shows the interest of the method.
KeywordsRadiative Transfer Equation Atmospheric Entry Full Coupling Fundamental Physical Property Hydrodynamic Part
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Charrier P, Dubroca B, Duffa G and Turpault R, Schéma implicite pour un modèle d’hydrodynamique radiative multigroupe 2D., rapport LRC-03.16 (available on www.math.u-bordeaux.fr/LRC-CEA/) (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.Charrier P, Dubroca B, Duffa G and Turpault R, Multigroup model for radiating flows during atmospheric hypersonic re-entry, proceedings of International Workshop on Radiation of High Temperature Gases in Atmospheric Entry, Lisbon, Portugal: 103–110 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.Chevalier JM (1995), Calculs ‘ab-initio’ des spectres d’absorption des modécules diatomiques: application aux spectres IR, visible et UV de CN, CH, CO, NO, OH, N2, N2+et O2, personnal communication.Google Scholar
- 5.Nicolet, WE et al. (1975), Analytical and design study for a high-pressure high-enthalpy constricted arc heater, Aerotherm division, Acurex Corp.Google Scholar
- 6.Sakai T, Tsuru T and Sawada K (2001), Computation of Hypersonic Radiating Flowfield over a Blunt Body, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer Vol 15 no1.Google Scholar
- 7.Smith AJ, Gogel T, Vandevelde P and Marraffa L, Plasma Radiation Database PARADE Final Report, ESTEC contract 11148/94/NL/FG (1996).Google Scholar