Time-Accurate Navier-Stokes Calculations with Approximately Factored Implicit Schemes
The performance of the dual time method is improved by means of an inner iteration based on an LU-SGS driven FAS multigrid method, and by using the same LU-SGS method in a time-accurate mode to provide a starting solution for each dual time step. This hybrid scheme is applied to an aerofoil undergoing dynamic stall, whereby considerable performance improvements are demonstrated over the original dual time method.
KeywordsHybrid Scheme Unstructured Grid Time Accuracy Hybrid Time Dual Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Chisholm and D.W. Zingg. A fully coupled Newton-Krylov solver for turbulent aerodynamic flows. ICAS 2002 Conference, Toroto, (Paper 333), 2002.Google Scholar
- 2.T. Gerhold, M. Galle, O. Friedrich, and J. Evans. Calculation of complex 3D configurations employing the DLR TAU-Code. AIAA Paper, (AIAA-97-0167), 1997.Google Scholar
- 3.J.M. Hsu and A. Jameson. An implicit-explicit hybrid scheme for calculating complex unsteady flows. Proceedings of 40th AIAA CFD Conference, Reno, (AIAA-2002-0714), 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Jameson. Time dependant calculations using multigrid with applications to unsteady flows past airfoils and wings. AIAA Paper, (AIAA-91-1596), 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.R.A. Pizialli. An experimental investigation of 2D and 3D oscillating wing aerodynamics for a range of angle of attack including stall. NASA Technical Memorandum, (4632), 1993.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Sharov and K. Nakahashi. Reordering of hybrid unstructured grids for Lower-Upper Symmetric Gauss-Seidel computations. AIAA Journal, 36(3):484–486, 1997.Google Scholar