Part of the Ecological Studies book series (ECOLSTUD, volume 187)
The Impact of Elevated Atmospheric [CO2] on Soil C and N Dynamics: A Meta-Analysis
KeywordsMicrobial Biomass Microbial Respiration Calcareous Grassland Global Change Biol Global Change Biology
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- De Graaff MA, Van Groenigen KJ, Six J, Hungate BA, Van Kessel C (2006) Interactions between plant growth and soil nutrient cycling under elevated CO2: a meta-analysis. Global Change Biol (in press)Google Scholar
- Hedges LV, Olkin I (1985) Statistical methods for meta-analysis. Academic, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Hendrey GR (1993) Free-air carbon dioxide enrichment for plant research in the field. Smoley, Boca Raton, Fla.Google Scholar
- Hoosbeek MR, Lukac M, Van Dam D, Godbold DL, Velthorst EJ, Biondi FA, Peressotti A, Cotrufo MF, Angelis P de, Scarascsia-Mugnozza G (2004) More new carbon in the mineral soil of a poplar plantation under free air carbon enrichment (PopFACE): cause of increased priming effect? Global Biogeochem Cycles 18:GB1040CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hungate BA, Jackson, RB, Field CB, Chapin FS III (1996) Detecting changes in soil carbon in CO2 enrichment experiments. Plant Soil 187:15–145Google Scholar
- Niklaus PA, Körner C (2004) Synthesis of a six-year study of calcareous grassland responses to in situ CO2 enrichment. Ecol Monogr 74:491–511Google Scholar
- Rogers HH, Heck WW, Heagle AS (1983) A field technique for the study of plantresponses to elevated carbon-dioxide concentrations. J Air Pollut Control Assoc 33:42–44Google Scholar
- Rosenberg MS, Adams DC, Gurevitch J (2000) MetaWin, statistical software for metaanalysis, ver 2. Sinauer Associates, Sunderland, Mass.Google Scholar
- Schlesinger WH (1997) Biogeochemistry: an analysis of global change, 2nd edn. Academic, San Diego, Calif.Google Scholar
- Van Kessel C, Boots B, de Graaff MA Harris D, Blum H, Six J (2006) Soil C and N sequestration in a grassland following 10 years of free air CO2 enrichment. Global Change Biol (in press)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006