Analytic Hierarchy Process — Applications in Banking
In our article we want to present Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) as support methodology for optimizing decision making processes. We will focus on making strategy decisions in a bank with applying both basic and adjusted AHP application models. Due to our research we will present four groups of banking application models. We also describe guidelines of Thomas L. Saaty’s AHP methodology. The AHP provides an objective way for reaching an optimal decision for both individual and group decision makers with a limited level of inconsistency. It makes it possible to select the best alternative (under several criteria) from a number of alternatives through carrying out pairwise comparison judgements. Overall priorities for ranking the alternatives are being calculated on the basis of pairwise comparisons.
KeywordsAnalytic Hierarchy Process Analytic Hierarchy Process Method Priority Vector Analytic Hierarchy Process Model Pairwise Preference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DOMAŃSKI, C. and KONDRASIUK, J. (1999): Analytic Hierarchy Process in Banking. Bulletin of the International Statistical Institute, T. LVIII, B. 1, Helsinki.Google Scholar
- DOMAŃSKI, C. and KONDRASIUK, J. (2002): AHP as Support for Strategy Decision Making in Banking. In: K. Jajuga, A. Sokolowski, and H.-H. Bock (Ed.): Classification, Clustering, and Data Analysis, Springer, Heidelberg-Berlin.Google Scholar
- DOMAŃSKI, C. and KONDRASIUK, J. (2003): Establishing the Bank Rates with Using of Statistical Methods, Acta Universitatis Lodziensis-Folia Oeconomica, 164, WUL, Lodz.Google Scholar
- DOMAŃSKI, C. and KONDRASIUK, J. (2000): Implementing of Analytic Hierarchy Process in Banking. Acta Universitatis Lodziensis-Folia Oeconomica, 152, WUL, Lodz.Google Scholar
- DOMAŃSKI, C, KONDRASIUK, J., and MORAWSKA, I. (1997): Zastosowanie analitycznego procesu hierarchicznego w przedsiebiorstwie. In: T. Trzaskalik (Ed.): Zastosowania Badan Operacyjnych, Absolwent, Lodz.Google Scholar
- SAATY, T.L. (1994): Fundamentals of Decision Making and Priority Theory with the Analytic Hierarchy Process, Vol. VI, RWS Publications, Pittsburgh.Google Scholar
- SAATY, T.L. and VARGAS, L.G. (1994): Decision Making in Economic, Political, Social and Technological Environments with the Analytic Hierarchy Process, Vol. VII, RWS Publications, Pittsburgh.Google Scholar