Outlier Identification Rules for Generalized Linear Models
Observations which seem to deviate strongly from the main part of the data may occur in every statistical analysis. These observations, usually labelled as outliers, may cause completely misleading results when using standard methods and may also contain information about special events or dependencies. We discuss outliers in situations where a generalized linear model is assumed as null model for the regular data and introduce rules for their identification. For the special cases of a loglinear Poisson model and a logistic regression model some one-step identifiers based on robust and non-robust estimators are proposed and compared.
KeywordsGeneralize Linear Model Contingency Table Null Model Outlier Region Identification Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BARNETT, V. and LEWIS, T. (1994): Outliers in Statistical Data. 3rd ed., Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- CHRISTMANN, A. (2001): Robust Estimation in Generalized Linear Models. In: J. Kunert and G. Trenkler (Eds.) Mathematical Statistics with Applications in Biometry: Festschrift in Honour of Siegfried Schach. Eul-Verlag, Lohmar, 215–230.Google Scholar
- GATHER, U., KUHNT, S., and PAWLITSCHKO, J. (2003): Concepts of Outlyingness for Various Data Structures. In: J.C. Misra (Ed.): Industrial Mathematics and Statistics. Narosa Publishing House, New Dehli, 545–585.Google Scholar
- KUHNT, S. (2000): Ausreißeridentifikation im Loglinearen Poissonmodell für Kontingenztafeln unter Einbeziehung robuster Schätzer. Dissertation, Department of Statistics, University of Dortmund, Germany.Google Scholar
- MOSTELLER, F. and PARUNAK, A. (1985): Identifying Extreme Cells in a Sizable Contingency Table: Probabilistic and Exploratory Approaches. In: D.C. Hoaglin, F. Mosteller, and J.W. Tukey (Eds.): Exploring Data Tables, Trends and Shapes. Wiley, New York, 189–224.Google Scholar
- MYERS, R.H., MONTGOMERY, D.C, and VINING, G.C. (2002): Generalized Linear Models. Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- NELDER, J.A. and WEDDERBURN, R.W.M. (1972): Generalized Linear Models. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society A, 134, 370–384.Google Scholar