A Domain Decomposition Based Two-Level Newton Scheme for Nonlinear Problems
We present two non-overlapping domain decomposition based two-level Newton schemes for solving nonlinear problems and demonstrate their effectiveness by analyzing systems with balanced and unbalanced nonlinearities. They both have been implemented in parallel and show good scalability. The implementations accommodate non-symmetric matrices and unstructured meshes.
KeywordsDomain Decomposition Unstructured Mesh Single Processor Inexact Newton Method Balance Nonlinearity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Aluru and J. White. A MLN method for mixed-energy domain sim. of MEMS. Journal of MEMS systems, 8(3):299–308, 1999.Google Scholar
- M. Bächtold, J. Korvink, J. Funk, and H. Baltes. New convergence scheme for self-consistent electromech. analysis of iMEMS. In IEEE Inter. Electron Devices Meeting, 1995.Google Scholar
- S. Balay, W. Gropp, L. McInnes, and B. Smith. PETSc, v. 2.1.3 code and documentation. URL http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/.Google Scholar
- P. Bjørstad, J. Koster, and P. Krzyżanowski. DD solvers for large scale industrial finite element problems. In PARA 2000, volume 1947 of LNCS. Springer, 2001.Google Scholar
- X.-C. Cai, D. E. Keyes, and D. P. Young. A nonlinear additive Schwarz preconditioned inexact Newton method for shocked duct flow. In Proc. D.D. Methods-13, 2001.Google Scholar
- J. Demmel, J. Gilbert, and X. Li. SuperLU v. 2.0 code and documentation. URL http://crd.lbl.gov/~xiaoye/SuperLU/.Google Scholar
- M. P. I. Forum. MPI: A message-passing interface standard. Inter. J. Supercomputing Apps., 8(3/4), 1994.Google Scholar
- G. Karypis and V. Kumar. METIS: v. 4.0 code and documentation. URL http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~karypis/metis.Google Scholar
- D. Keyes. Aerodynamic applications of NKS solvers. In Proceedings of the 14th Conf. Numer. Methods in Fluid Dynamics, pages 1–20, Berlin, 1995.Google Scholar
- J. Kim, N. Aluru, and D. Tortorelli. Improved MLN solvers for fully-coupled multi-physics problems. IJNME, 58, 2003.Google Scholar
- D. Knoll and D. Keyes. Jacobian-free Newton-Krylov methods: A survey of approaches and applications. Journal of Comp. Physics, 2002.Google Scholar
- B. Smith, P. Bjørstad, and W. Gropp. D.D, Parallel multilevel methods for elliptic PDEs. Cambridge University Press, 1996.Google Scholar