Choosing Nonmortars: Does it Influence the Performance of FETI-DP Algorithms?
We investigate whether different choices of nonmortar sides for the geometrically conforming partitions inherent to FETI-DP influence the convergence of the algorithms for four different preconditioners. We conclude experimentally that they do not, although better condition number estimates exist for a Neumann-Dirichlet choice of nonmortars.
KeywordsElliptic Problem Domain Decomposition Method Corner Node Preconditioned Conjugate Gradient Iteration Condition Number Estimate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Bernardi, Y. Maday, and A. Patera. A new non conforming approach to domain decomposition: The mortar element method. In H. Brezis and J.-L. Lions, editors, Collége de France Seminar. 1994.Google Scholar
- M. Dryja and W. Proskurowski. A FETI-DP method for the mortar discretization of elliptic problems with discontinuous coefficients. In R. K. et al., editor, Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, Berlin, 2004. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- M. Dryja and O. B. Widlund. A FETI-DP method for a mortar discretization of elliptic problems. In L. Pavarino and A. Toselli, editors, Proceedings of the ETH Workshop on DDM. Springer-Verlag, 2002a.Google Scholar
- M. Dryja and O. B. Widlund. A generalized FETI-DP method for the mortar discretization of elliptic problems. In I. H. et al., editor, Fourteenth International Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, pages 27–38. ddm.org, 2002b. Mexico, 2002.Google Scholar
- C. Farhat, M. Lesoinne, P. Le Tallec, K. Pierson, and D. Rixen. FETI-DP: A dual-primal unified FETI method — part I: A faster alternative to the two-level FETI method. Technical Report U-CAS-99-15, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1999.Google Scholar
- H.-H. Kim and C.-O. Lee. A FETI-DP preconditioner for elliptic problems on nonmatching grids. Technical Report 02-9, KAIST, 2002.Google Scholar