Thermally-induced pore pressure generation in a nearly-saturated cementitious material
This paper reviews the thermo-hydro-mechanical behaviour of a cementitious porous material containing a pore space that is incompletely saturated. The incomplete saturation is interpreted in terms of the alteration of the compressibility of the fluid in the porous space rather than the presence of distinct regions of a fluid phase and a gas phase. The paper examines both the experimental and computational modelling of the heating of the plane boundary of a cylinder made of a cementitious material. The parametric evaluations of the computational results point to the appreciable influences of the near saturation compressibility effects on the thermally-induced pore pressure response within the cementitious medium.
KeywordsPore Pressure Cementitious Material Pore Pressure Generation Pore Pressure Response Cementitious Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Auriault, J.-L., Geindreau, C., Royer, P., Bloch, J.-F., Boutin, C. and Lewandowska, J. (Eds.) (2002) Poromechanics II. Proc. 2nd Biot Conference on Poromechanics, Grenoble, France. A.A. Balkema, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Cheng, A.H.-D., Detournay, E. and Abousleiman, Y. (Eds.) (1998) Poroelasticity. Maurice A. Biot Memorial Issue. Int. J. Solids Structures, 35: 4513–5031.Google Scholar
- de Boer, R. (Ed.) (1999) Porous Media: Theory and Experiments. Kluwer Academic Publ., Dordrecht, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Rice, J.R. and Cleary, M.P. (1976) Some basic stress diffusion solution for fluid-saturated elastic porous media with compressible constituents. Rev. Geophys. Space Phys., 14:227–241.Google Scholar
- Selvadurai, A.P.S. (1995) Experimental Modelling of Thermal Consolidation Effects Around a High Level Waste Repository, Atomic Energy Control Board Project Report 5.146.1, Ottawa, Canada.Google Scholar
- Selvadurai, A.P.S. (2001) On some recent developments in poroelasticity, IACMAG 2001, Proc. 10th Int. Conf. on Comp. Meth. Adv. Geomech., (C.S. Desai et al. Eds.) Tucson, Arizona. A.A. Balkema, The Netherlands, 2:1761–1769.Google Scholar
- Skempton, A.W. (1954) The pore pressure coefficients A and B. Geotechnique, 4: 143–147.Google Scholar
- Thimus, J.-F., Abousleiman, Y., Cheng, A.H.-D., Coussy, O. and Detournay, E. (1998). Poromechanics. A Tribute to Maurice A. Biot. Proc. Biot Conference on Poromechanics, Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium. A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam.Google Scholar