Target Volumes in Small Cell Lung Cancer
Part of the Medical Radiology Radiation Oncology book series (MEDRAD)
KeywordsSmall Cell Lung Cancer Gross Tumor Volume Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation Therapy Volume Supraclavicular Fossa
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Greene FL, Page DL, Fleming ID et al (eds) (2002) AJCC cancer staging manual, 6th edn. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New YorkGoogle Scholar
- International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (1999) Prescribing, recording, and reporting photon beam therapy, ICRU report 62 (Suppl to ICRU report 50). International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements, Bethesda, MD, pp 1–47Google Scholar
- Kies MS, Mira JG, Crowley JJ et al (1987) Multimodal therapy for limited small-cell lung cancer: a randomized study of induction combination chemotherapy with or without thoracic radiation in complete responders; and with wide-field versus reduced-field radiation in partial responders: a Southwest Oncology Group study. J Clin Oncol 5:592–600PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Komaki R, Glisson B, Allen P et al (2003) Hyperfractionated and accelerated thoracic radiation therapy (HFXA/TRT) increased survival compared to daily TRT for limited small cell lung cancer (LSCLC) patients treated with concurrent chemotherapy (abstract). Lung Cancer 41[Suppl 2]:S24CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kubota K, Nishiwaki Y, Sugiura T et al (2003) A pilot study of cisplatin and etoposide plus concurrent accelerated hyper-fractionated thoracic radiotherapy (TRT) followed by three cycles of irinotecan and cisplatin for the treatment of limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (SCLC): JCOG 9903-DI (abstract). Lung Cancer 41[Suppl 2]:S24CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Perez CA, Krauss S, Bartolucci AA et al (1981) Thoracic and elective brain irradiation with concomitant or delayed multiagent chemotherapy in the treatment of localized small cell carcinoma of the lung: a randomized prospective study by the Southeastern Cancer Study Group. Cancer 47:2407–2413PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Williams TE, Turrisi AT III (1997) Role of radiotherapy in the treatment of small cell lung carcinoma. Chest Surg Clin North Am 7:135–149Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005