PET Scanning in Staging and Evaluation of Response to Treatment in Lung Cancer
Part of the Medical Radiology Radiation Oncology book series (MEDRAD)
KeywordsPositron Emission Tomography Standardise Uptake Value Radiat Oncol Biol Phys Positron Emission Tomography Scanning Radical Radiotherapy
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Choi NC, Fischman AJ, Niemierko A, Ryu JS, Lynch T, Wain J, et al. (2002) Dose-response relationship between probability of pathologic tumor control and glucose metabolic rate measured with FDG PET after preoperative chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:1024–1035CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- MacManus MP, Hicks RJ, Ball DL, Kalff V, Matthews JP, Salminen E et al. (2001a) F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography staging in radical radiotherapy candidates with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma: powerful correlation with survival and high impact on treatment. Cancer 92:886–895CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- MacManus MP, Hicks RJ, Matthews JP, Hogg A, McKenzie AF, Wirth A, et al. (2001b) High rate of detection of unsuspected distant metastases by pet in apparent stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: implications for radical radiation therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:287–293CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- MacManus MP, Hicks R, Fisher R, Rischin D, Michael M, Wirth A, et al. (2003a) FDG-PET-detected extracranial metastasis in patients with non-small cell lung cancer undergoing staging for surgery or radical radiotherapy-survival correlates with metastatic disease burden. Acta Oncol 42:48–54CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- MacManus MP, Hicks RJ, Matthews JP, McKenzie A, Rischin D, Salminen EK, et al. (2003b) Positron emission tomography is superior to computed tomography scanning for response-assessment after radical radiotherapy or chemoradiotherapy in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 21:1285–1292CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Mah K, Caldwell CB, Ung YC, Danjoux CE, Balogh JM, Ganguli SN, et al. (2002) The impact of (18)FDG-PET on target and critical organs in CT-based treatment planning of patients with poorly defined non-small-cell lung carcinoma: a prospective study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:339–350CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Timms B (2000) Positron-emission tomography (PET) superior to computed tomography for staging and detecting metastasis. Eur J Cancer 36:1888Google Scholar
- Van Tinteren H, Hoekstra OS, Smit EF, van den Bergh JH, Schreurs AJ, Stallaert RA, et al. (2002) Effectiveness of positron emission tomography in the preoperative assessment of patients with suspected non-small-cell lung cancer: the PLUS multicentre randomised trial. Lancet 359:1388–1393CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Vansteenkiste JF, Stroobants SG, De Leyn PR, Dupont PJ, Verschakelen JA, Nackaerts KL, et al. (1997) Mediastinal lymph node staging with FDG-PET scan in patients with potentially operable non-small cell lung cancer: a prospective analysis of 50 cases. Leuven Lung Cancer Group. Chest 112:1480–1486PubMedGoogle Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005