Palliative External Beam Thoracic Radiotherapy
Part of the Medical Radiology Radiation Oncology book series (MEDRAD)
KeywordsRadiat Oncol Biol Phys Thoracic Radiotherapy High Dose Regimen Radiation Myelopathy Lung Cancer Symptom Scale
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gaze MN, Kerr GR, MacDougall RH et al (2001) Improved symptom relief with fractionated palliative radiotherapy in patients with lung cancer. Br J Cancer 85[Suppl 1]:18Google Scholar
- Kramer GWPM, Wanders SL, Noordijk EM et al (2003) Randomized Dutch National Study of the effect of irradiation with different treatment schemes in the palliation of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Proc World Conference on Lung Cancer S38, abstract 121Google Scholar
- Medical Research Council Lung Cancer Working Party (1991) Inoperable non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a Medical Research Council trial of palliative radiotherapy with two fractions or ten fractions. Report to the Medical Research Council by its Lung Cancer Working Party. Br J Cancer 63:265–270Google Scholar
- Medical Research Council Lung Cancer Working Party (1992) A Medical Research Council (MRC) randomised trial of palliative radiotherapy with two fractions or a single fraction in patients with inoperable non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and poor performance status. Br J Cancer 65:931–941Google Scholar
- Medical Research Council Lung Cancer Working Party (1996) Randomised trial of palliative 2-fraction versus more intensive 13-fraction radiotherapy for patients with inoperable non-small cell lung cancer and good performance status. Clin Oncol 8:167–175Google Scholar
- Medical Research Council Lung Cancer Working Party (2002) Immediate versus delayed palliative thoracic radiotherapy in patients with unresectable locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer and minimal thoracic symptoms: randomized controlled trial. BMJ 325:465–472Google Scholar
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Collaborative Group (1995) Chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis using updated data on individual patients from 52 randomised trials. BMJ 311:899–909Google Scholar
- Rees GJ, Deverell CE, Barley CL et al (1997) Palliative radiotherapy for lung cancer: two versus five fractions. Clin Oncol 9:90–95Google Scholar
- Stevens MJ, Begbie SD (1995) Hypofractionated irradiation for inoperable non-small cell lung cancer. Austr Radiol 39:265–270Google Scholar
- Sundstrom S, Bremnes RM, Aasebo U et al (2002) Effect of hypofractionated palliative radiotherapy (17Gy/2 fractions) is comparable with standard fractionation in non-small cell lung cancer. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 21:300aGoogle Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005