Thalidomide in Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
KeywordsSystemic Lupus Erythematosus Lupus Nephritis Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus Sensory Nerve Action Potential Localize Scleroderma
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Atra E, Sato EI (1993) Treatment of the cutaneous lesions of systemic lupus erythematosus with thalidomide. Clin Exp Rheumatol 11:487–493Google Scholar
- Fullerton PM, O’Sullivan DJ (1968) Thalidomide neuropathy: a clinical, electrophysiological, and histological follow-up study. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatric 31:543–551Google Scholar
- Jacob CO, Fronek Z, Lewis GD, Koo M, Hansen JA, McDevitt HO (1990) Heritable major histocompatibility complex class II-associated differences in production of tumor necrosis factor alpha: relevance to genetic predisposition to systemic lupus erythematosus. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 87:1233–1237PubMedGoogle Scholar
- McHugh SM, Rifkin IR, Deighton J Wilson AB, Lachmann PJ, Lockwood CM, Ewan PW (1995) The immunosuppressive drug thalidomide induces T helper type 2 (Th2) and concomitantly inhibits Th1 cytokine production in mitogen-and antigen-stimulated human peripheral blood mononuclear cell cultures. Clin Exp Immunol 99:160–167PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Mellin GW, Katzenstein M(1962) The saga of thalidomide: neuropathy to embryopathy, with case reports and congenital abnormalities. N Engl J Med 23:1184–1190Google Scholar
- Randall T (1990) Thalidomide has 37-year history. JAMA 263:1474Google Scholar
- Settles B, Stevenson A, Wilson K, Mack C, Ezell T, Davis MF, Taylor LD (2001) Down-regulation of cell adhesion molecules LFA-1 and ICAM-1 after in vitro treatment with the anti-TNF-alpha agent thalidomide. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 47:1105–1114Google Scholar
- Sheskin J (1965) Thalidomide in the treatment of lepra reactions. Clin Pharmacol Ther 6:303–306Google Scholar
- Walchner M, Messer G, Wierenga EA (1995) Reconstitution oftr anscription factorbinding to the conserved lymphokine element-o and downregulation of NF-kB activity after thalidomide treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus. Arch Dermatol Res 287:347Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin · Heidelberg 2005