Understanding Radiation and Its Effect on Children
KeywordsRadiation Protection Atomic Bomb Survivor Childhood Malignancy Pediatric Imager Radiation Carcinogenesis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and Further Reading
- 1.Stewart A (1958) A survey of childhood malignancies. Br Med J 28:1495–1508Google Scholar
- 2.Bithell JF, Stewart AM (1977) Pre-natal irradiation and childhood malignancy: a review of British data from the Oxford Survey. Br J Cancer 1975 31:271–287Google Scholar
- 6.National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (2001) Evaluation of the linear-nonthreshold dose-response model for ionizing radiation. National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements, Washington (NCRP report 136)Google Scholar
- 7.Hall EJ (ed) (2000) Radiobiology for the radiologist, 5th edn. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- 10.Slovis TL (ed) (2002) Conference on the ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable) concept in pediatric CT intelligent dose reduction. Pediatr Radiol 32:217–317Google Scholar
- 11.The Society for Pediatric Radiology (2002) 2002 SPR Seminar in radiation dose reduction. Pediatr Radiol 32:707–754Google Scholar
- 12.National Cancer Institute, The Society for Pediatric Radiology (2002) Radiation risks and pediatric computed tomography. A guide for health care providers. National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Md (brochure, also available from www.cancer.gov; www.pedrad.org)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005