An Adaptive Extended Colour Scale for Comparison of Pseudo Colouring Techniques for DCE-MRI Data
Pseudo colouring techniques are frequently used for analysing multivariate image data such as dynamic contrast enhanced mr images. Dedicated features of the high dimensional signal are mapped to pseudo colour codes and are superimposed on the image data. Nevertheless, the examination and comparison of different mapping functions is difficult, because the variability of the multivariate signal and pseudo colour scale have to be adequately and simultaneously presented. In this paper, we propose a setup for examination of different pseudo colour scales based on self organising maps. Thereby, the data distribution of the high dimensional signal is represented by a structured set of signal prototypes. Application of the pseudo colouring techniques to these prototypes leads to an extended colour scale which simultaneously gives a comprehensive display of the signal space together with the colour codes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kuhl CK, Mielcareck P, et al. Dynamic breast MR imaging: Are signal intensity time course data useful for differential diagnosis of enhancing lesions? Radiology 1999;211(101).Google Scholar
- 2.Tofts PS. Modeling Tracer Kinetics in Dynamic Gd-DTPA MR Imaging. J Magn Reson Imaging 1997;7.Google Scholar
- 3.Weinstein D, Strano S, et al. Breast Fibroadenoma: Mapping of Pathophysiologic Features with Three-Time-Point, Contrast-enhanced MR Imaging — Pilot Study. Radiology 1999;210.Google Scholar
- 4.Engelmeier KH, Hellwig G, et al. Morpho-Functional Visualization of Dynamic MR-Mammography. In: et al MFieschi, editor. Proc. of MEDINFO 2004; 2004.Google Scholar
- 5.Kohonen T. Self-Organizating Maps. Springer; 1997.Google Scholar
- 7.et al TTwellmann. Online supplementary material. Website; 2004. http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/ags/ani/projects/AdaptiveColourScale/.Google Scholar