Kineto-static Analysis of an Articulated Six-wheel Rover
In this paper, a kineto-static analysis for an articulated six-wheeled rover called RobuRoc is investigated. A methodology based on reciprocal screw systems is developed for the kinematic modeling and analysis of such multi-monocycle like kinematic structure. A six dimensional force ellipsoid is introduced for the evaluation of traction performances.
KeywordsKinematic Structure Unmanned Ground Vehicle Passive Joint Wheel Velocity Wheel Radius
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Robosoft (2005) Robotsoft website. http:robosoft.fr.Google Scholar
- 2.Department of Defense (1989) Dod robotics master plan for unmanned ground vehicles. Conference Report on the Department of Defense Appropriations Act.Google Scholar
- 3.Pierce, G.M. (2005) Robotics: Military applications for special operations forces.Google Scholar
- 4.Mohamed, M.G. and Duffy, J. (1985) A direct determination of the instantaneous kinematics of fully parallel robot manipulators. ASME Journal, vol. 107, no. 2.Google Scholar
- 5.Hunt, K.H. (1978) Kinemaric geometry of mechanisms. Clarendon Press.Google Scholar