Prostate Cancer: an Overview
Is Sentinel Node Detection Helpful in the Curative Treatment of Prostate Cancer?
KeywordsProstate Cancer Sentinel Lymph Node Radical Prostatectomy Gleason Score Prostate Gland
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barzell W, Bean MA, Hilaris BS, Whitmore WF Jr (1977) Prostatic adenocarcinoma: relationship of grade and local extent to the pattern of metastases. J Urol Vol 118:278–282Google Scholar
- Batson OV (1940) Function of vertebral veins and their role in spread of metastases. Ann Surg 112:138Google Scholar
- Beurton D, Barthélémy Y, Fontaine E (1997) Twelve systematic prostate biopsies are superior to sectant biopsies for diagnosing carcinoma: a prospective randomized study. Br J Urol 80:239Google Scholar
- Bostwick DG, Eble JN (1993) Prostatic adenocarcinoma metastatic to inguinal hernia sac. J Urol Pathol 1:193Google Scholar
- Cheng CWS, Bergstralh EJ, Zincke H (1993) Stage D1 prostate cancer: a non randomized comparison of conservative treatment options versus radical prostatectomy. Cancer Suppl 71(3):996–1004Google Scholar
- Davies GL (1995) Sensitivity of frozen section examination of pelvic lymph-nodes for metastatic prostate cancer. Cancer 75:662–668Google Scholar
- Eskew LA, Bare RL, McCullough DL (1996) Systematic 5 region prostate biopsy is superior to sextant method for diagnosing carcinoma of the prostate. J Urol 157:199Google Scholar
- Földi M, Kubik S (2002) Lehrbuch der Lymphologie, 5th edn, p 150. Urban and Fischer, MunichGoogle Scholar
- Fowler JE Jr, Whitmore WF Jr (1981) The incidence and extent of pelvic lymph node metastases in apparently localized prostatic cancer. Cancer 57:2941Google Scholar
- Kozlowski JM, Grayhack JT (1987) Carcinoma of the prostate. In: Gillenwater JY, Grayhack JT, Howard SS, Duckett JW (eds) Adult and pediatric urology, vol 2, chap 34. Year Book Medical Publishers, Chicago, pp 1126–1130Google Scholar
- Lieskovsky G, Skinner DG (1983) Technique of radical retropubic prostatectomy with limited pelvic node dissection. Urol Clin N Am 10:187Google Scholar
- Lilleby W, Torlakovic G, Torlakovic E, Skovlund E, Fossa SD (2001) Prognostic significance of histologic grading in patients with prostate carcinoma who are assessed by the Gleason and World Health Organization grading systems in needle biopsies obtained prior to radiotherapy. Cancer 92:311–319CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- McCarthy P, Pollak HM (1991) Imaging of patients with stage D prostatic carcinoma. Urol Clin N Am 18:35Google Scholar
- Parra RO, Andrus C, Boullier J (1992) Staging laparoscopic pelvic lymph node dissection comparison of results with open pelvic lymphadenectomy. J Urol 157:875–878Google Scholar
- Paulson DF (1980) The prognostic role of lymphadenectomy in adenocarcinoma of the prostate. Urol Clin N Am 7:615Google Scholar
- Paulson DF (1989) Remark to the publication of Gervasi et al. J Urol 142:336Google Scholar
- Whitmore WF Jr (1984) Natural history and staging of prostate cancer. Urol Clin N Am 11:205Google Scholar
- Winfield HN, Kavoussi LR (1991) Laparoscopic pelvic node dissection. Surg Tech Urol 4:1Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005