Quantum Theory of Neutrino Spin-Light in a Dense Matter
The quantum theory of the spin light of neutrino (SLν) exactly accounting for the effect of the background matter is developed. Contrary to the already performed studies of the SLν, in this paper we derive expressions for the SLν rate and power and also for the emitted photon’s energy that are valid for an arbitrary value of the matter density including the case of a very dense matter. The spatial distribution of the radiation power and the dependence of the emitted photon’s energy on the direction of radiation are also studied in detail for the first time. We analyze the SLν polarization properties and show that in a wide range of the neutrino momentum and density of matter the SLν radiation is nearly totally circular polarized. Conditions for the effective SLν photon propagation in the electron plasma are discussed.
KeywordsMatter Density Radiation Power Plasmon Frequency Neutrino State Neutrino Momentum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.A. Studenkin, A. Ternov, in: Proc. of the 13th Int. Seminar on High Energy Physics “Quarks-2004”, ed by D. Levkov, V. Matveev and V. Rubakov (Publ. Department of Institute of Nuclear Physics RAS, Moscow 2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Z. Berezhiani, M. Vysitsky: Phys. Rev. B 199 281 (1987); Z. Berezhiani, A. Smirnov: Phys. Rev. B 220 279 (1989)Google Scholar
- 17.A. Lobanov: hep-ph/0411342Google Scholar
- 19.G. Altarelli: Neutrino-2004 Concluding Talk, Presented at XXI International Confrence on Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics, 14–19 June, 2004, Paris; hepph/0410101Google Scholar
- 20.I. Kobzarev, L. Okun: On electomagnetic and gravitatinal interaction of Majorana Particles. In: Problems of Theoretical Physics. A Memorial Volume to Igor E. Tamm, (Nakula, Moscow 1972) P. 219Google Scholar