Tripling the LHC: The Path from Technology to Discovery
KeywordsLarge Hadron Collider Synchrotron Radiation Beam Tube Parton Luminosity Mass Reach
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.R.A. Scanlan, “Superconducting Materials for the Next Generation Colliders”, VLHC Magnet Technologies Workshop, Fermilab, May 24–26, 2000 http://tdpc02.fnal.gov/glass/vlhc_workshop/papers/SIII P2.pptGoogle Scholar
- 5.D. Finley, D. Edwards, R. Hanft, D. Johnson, A. McInturff, and J. Strait, “Time dependent chromaticity changes in the Tevatron”, Proc. Particle Accel. Conf. (PAC87), Washington, DC, IEEE Cat#: 87CH2387-9, pp. 151–153; S. Sanfilippo, ‘Persistent and coupling current effects in the LHC superconducting dipoles’, Proc. Appl. Supercon-ductivity Conf., Houston, TX, August 4–9, 2002.Google Scholar
- 6.B. Dutta (Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Regina, Saskatchewan) calculated the parton luminosities shown in Fig. 3 (private communication).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Ellis, K.A. Olive, Y. Santoso, and V.C. Spanos, ‘Prospects for sparticle discovery in variants of the MSSM’, CERN-PH-TH/2004-131, http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/hep-ph/pdf/0408/0408118.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 10.J. Lee and D.C. Larbalestier, “Advances in superc≥≤onducting strands for accelerator magnet application”, Proc. 2003 Particle Accel. Conf., Portland, OR, May 2003.Google Scholar
- 11.Scanlan, R.M., et al, “Fabrication and test results for coils fabricated with Bi-2212 Rutherford-type cable,” presented at the Applied Superconductivity Conference (ASC), Houston, TX, Aug. 4–9, 2002, SC-MAG #761, LBNL-49571.Google Scholar
- 12.N. Diaczenko et al., “Stress management in high-field dipoles”, Proc. 1997 Particle Accelerator Conf, Vancouver, May 12–16, p.3443 (1997).Google Scholar
- 13.R. Blackburn et al., “Construction and testing of block-coil high-field dipoles for future hadron colliders”, Proc. Appl. Superconductivity Conf., Houston, TX, August 4–9, 2002.Google Scholar
- 14.S. Mattafirri et al., “Performance analysis of HD1: a 16 Tesla Nb3Sn dipole magnet”, Proc. 2004 Appl. Superconductivity Conf., Jacksonville, FL, Oct. 1–6, 2004.Google Scholar
- 15.C. Battle et al., “Optimization of block-coil dipoles for hadron colliders”, Proc. Particle Accelerator Conf., New York, NY, March 30–April 1, 1999.Google Scholar
- 16.P. Bauer, et al., “Photon Stop R&D Proposal,” Fermilab Technical Division Note TD-01-30.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006