CS-Prolog: A generalized unification based constraint solver
We have described the constraint logic programming language CS-Prolog. CS-Prolog is written in PROLOG about 1,500 lines. This is a very small as oppose to similar system CLP which is written in C about 12,000 lines, but less efficient than CLP. However, CS-Prolog solves equations and inequations in reasonable time and this paper shows the simple approach to constraint logic programming using PROLOG and this technique is very useful for constraint logic programming language system on top of PROLOG machine.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bundy 83]A.Bundy, The Computer Modelling of Mathematical Reasoning, Academic Press, 1983.Google Scholar
- [Chikayama 84]T.Chikayama, ESP Reference Manual, ICOT TR-044, 1984.Google Scholar
- [Colmerauer 84]A.Colmerauer, EQUATIONS AND INEQUATIONS ON FINITE AND INFINITE TREES, Proc. of FGCS '84, 1984.Google Scholar
- [Dincbas 86]M.Dincbas, CONSTRAINTS, LOGIC PROGRAMMING and DEDUCTIVE DATABASE, France-Japan AI and Computer Science Symposium '86, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Heintze 86]N.Heintze et al, The CLP Programmer's Manual, Dept. of Computer Science, Monash Univ., 1986.Google Scholar
- [Jaffar 86]J.Jaffar and J. Lassez, A Logic Programming Language Schema, In D. DeGroot and G.Lindstrom, Eds., LOGIC PROGRAMMING: Functions, Relations, and Equations, Prentice Hall, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Jaffar 86a]J.Jaffar and P.J.Stuckey, Logic Program Semantics for Programming with Equations, 3rd ICLP, Springer-Verlag, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Mukai 85]K.Mukai, Unification over Complex Indeterminates in Prolog, Proc. of LPC '85, 1985.Google Scholar
- [Nakashima 85]H.Nakashima, Term Description:A Simple Powerful Extension to Prolog Data Structures, IJCAI '85, 1985.Google Scholar
- [Seki 86]H.Seki and K.Furukawa, Notes on Transformation Technics for Generate and Test Logic Programs, ICOT TM-0240, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Shostak 77]Robert E. Shostak, On the SUP-INF Method for Proving Presburger Formulas, JACM '77, 1977.Google Scholar
- [Simmons 86]R.Simmons COMMONSENCE ARITHMETIC REASONING, AAAI-86, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Steele 80]G.L.Steele Jr., The Definition and Implementation of A Computer Programming Language based on CONSTRAINTS, MIT Ph.D Dissertation, 1980.Google Scholar