Horn: An inference engine prototype to implement intelligent systems
The main objective of this paper is to present a prototype implementation of the kernel of an inference engine whose behaviour could be driven both by the search space strategy stored in the knowledge base and the base beliefs on which the inference engine is applied. To this aim, a modal logic language is introduced as a deductive model of knowledge and belief and some properties are derived to be used as an abstract view of the inference engine.
KeywordsInference Engine Base Belief Kripke Structure Answer Module Reasoning Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Robinson, J. A.: A Machine-oriented Logic based on the Resolution Principle, J. ACM 12, 1965Google Scholar
- 2.Rosenschein, S. J.: The Production System: Architecture and Abstraction, apparso in Pattern-Directed Inference System, Academic Press, London (England), 1978Google Scholar
- 3.Forgy, C. L.: Rete: A Fast Algoritm for the many Pattern / many Object Pattern Match Problem, Artificial Intelligence 19, 1982Google Scholar
- 4.D'Angelo, A.: PIGPIE: A Software Architectural Support for the CAESAR System, The International Conference on Information Technologies for Development, Bled (Yugoslavia), 1986Google Scholar
- 5.Grandy, R. E.: Advanced Logic for Applications, Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht (NL), 1977Google Scholar
- 6.Hintikka, J.: Impossible Possible Worlds Vindicated, J. of Philosophical Logic 4, 1975Google Scholar
- 7.Schubert, L., K.: Extending the Expressive Power of Semantic Networks, Artificial Intelligence 7, 1976Google Scholar
- 8.Deliyanni, A.; Kowalski, R. A.: Logic and Semantic Networks, Comm. of ACM, 22 (3), 1979Google Scholar
- 9.Kowalski, R.; Kuehner, D.: Linear Resolution with Selection Function, Artificial Intelligence 2, 1971Google Scholar
- 10.D'Angelo, A.; Noventa, F; Volpe, A: CORAL: An A.I. Approach to the Problem-oriented Medical Record, MedInfo-85, Helsinki (Finland), 1985Google Scholar
- 11.D'Angelo, A.; Noventa, F.: A Problem-driven Clinical Data Management, MedInfo-87, Roma (Italy), 1987Google Scholar