Entity-situation: A model for the knowledge representation module of a KBMS
ADKS is an advanced data and management system whose main objective is to couple expressiveness and efficiency in the management of large knowledge bases is described. The architecture of the system and a new semantic model which is the basis of its knowledge representation module is presented.
KeywordsKnowledge Representation Natural Language Semantic Relational Database System Multiple Inheritance Natural Language User Interface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Berg 86]Bergamaschi, S., Bonfatti, F., Cavazza, L., Sartori, C., Tiberio, P., "Logical design of an integrated knowledge and data base", Workshop on integration of logic programming and databases, Venezia, Dec. 1986.Google Scholar
- [Brac 85]
- [Chen 76]
- [D7 86]First global system design, ESPRIT Project 311, Deliverable D7, 1986.Google Scholar
- [D9 86]Conceptual model for knowledge base, ESPRIT Project 311, Deliverable D9, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Fill 68]Fillmore, C., "The case for case", in Universals in linguistic theory, Bach, E., Harms, R.T. (eds.), Holt, Rinehart & Winston, New York, 1968.Google Scholar
- [Luck 87]von Luck, K., Nebel, B., Peltason, C., Schmiedel, A., The BACK System, KIT-Rep. 41, Tech. Univ. Berlin, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Sowa 84]Sowa, J.F., Conceptual Structures: Information Processing in Mind and Machine, Addison-Wesley, 1984.Google Scholar