O2, an object-oriented data model
The Altaïr group is currently designing an object-oriented data base system called O2. This paper presents a formal description of the object-oriented data model of the O2 system. A prototype of the O2 system is currently running on Sun workstations with a Unix system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Abiteboul & Beeri 87]“On the power of languages for the manipulation of complex objects”, S. Abiteboul, C. Beeri, in Int. Workshop on theory and applications of nested relations and complex objects, Darmstadt, 87 Google Scholar
- [Albano & al 85]“GALILEO: A strongly typed, interactive conceptual language”, A. Albano, L. Cardelli and R. Orsini, ACM TODS, Vol 10 No. 2, March 85.Google Scholar
- [Bancilhon and Khoshafian 86]“A Calculus for Complex Objects”, F. Bancilhon, S. Khoshafian, ACM Conference on Principles of Database Systems, 86 Google Scholar
- [Bancilhon & al 87]“FAD, a Powerful and Simple Database Language”, F. Bancilhon, T. Briggs, S. Khoshafian and P. Valduriez, 13th Conference on Very Large Data Bases, Brighton, England, 87.Google Scholar
- [Bobrow & al 86]“CommonLoops:Merging Lisp and Object-Oriented Programming”, D. G. Bobrow et al. OOPSLA 86, Portland, Oregon, Sept 86.Google Scholar
- [Bruce & Wegner 86]“An Algebraic Model of Subtypes in Object-Oriented Languages”, K., B. Bruce, P. Wegner, SIGPLAN notices V21 #40, October 86.Google Scholar
- [Cardelli 84]“A Semantics of Multiple Inheritance”, L. Cardelli, in Semantics of Data Types, Lecture notes in Computer Science, Vol 173 pp. 51–67, Springer Verlag, 84 Google Scholar
- [Cox 86]“Object-Oriented Programming, An Evolutionary Approach”, B. J. Cox, Addison Wesley 10393, 86.Google Scholar
- [Goldberg and Robson 83]“SmallTalk-80: The Language and its Implementation”, A. Goldberg, D. Robson, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 83 Google Scholar
- [Kuper and Vardi 84]“A new Approach to Database Logic”, G. M. Kuper, M. Y. Vardi, ACM Conference on Principles of Database Systems, Waterloo, Canada, 84 Google Scholar
- [Lécluse & al 87]“O2, an Object Oriented Data Model”, C. Lécluse, P. Richard, F. Velez, Internal GIP Altaïr Reasearch Report, Sept 87.Google Scholar
- [Stroustrup 86]“The C++ Programming Language”, B. Stroustrup, Addison-Wesley, 86.Google Scholar
- [Zdonik 85]“Object Management Systems for Design Environments, U, S. Zdonik, “A Quaterly Bulletin of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Database Engineering,” Special issue on Object-Oriented Systems, Vol. 8, N.4, December, 85.Google Scholar