Synthesis of attributed hypergraphs for knowledge representation of 3-D objects
This paper continues our work on knowledge representation of 3-D objects. For recognition and location of 3-D objects, Attributed Hypergraph Representation has been introduced. The new research concentrates on development of synthesis of attributed hypergraph, which is capable of synthesizing several AHR's derived from the various views of an object into a complete AHR of the entire object. The resulted AHR is automatically stored in the database as a model AHR for further object recognition. This algorithm is implemented on a Grinnell Imaging System driven by a VAX 11/750 running VMS.
KeywordsAdjacency Matrix Knowledge Representation Intersection Graph Elementary Area Adjacency Relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Besl P.J. and R.C. Jain "Three-dimensional object recognition", Computing Survey Google Scholar
- Binford, T.O., "visual Perception by Computer", IEEE Conf. on Systems and Control, Miami, Dec. 1971.Google Scholar
- Wong A.K.C. and S.W. Lu "Representation of 3-D objects by attributed hypergraphs for computer vision", Proc. 1983 Intern. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 49–53.Google Scholar
- Jackin, Tanimoto, "Oct-trees and their Use in Representation Three Dimensional Objects", CGIP, 14 pp 249–270, 1980.Google Scholar
- Berge C. Graph and Hypergraph, London North-Holland Mathematical Library, pp. 389–391, 1973.Google Scholar
- Ballard D.H. and C.M. Brown Computer Vision, N.Y.: Prentice Hill, 1982.Google Scholar
- Voelcker, H.B., and Requicha, A.A.G., "Geometric Modelling of Mechanical Parts and Process", Computer, 10, pp48–57.Google Scholar
- Lu, S.W., A.K.C. Wong and M. Rioux "Recognition of 3-D objects in range images by attributed hypergraph monomorphism and synthesis". Proceeding of the First IFAC Symposium on Robot Control, Barcelona, Spain, November, pp. 389–394, 1985.Google Scholar
- Lu, S.W. and A.K.C. Wong "Recognition of 3-D scene with partially occluded objects" Proc. of SPIE's Conference on Intelligent Robots and Computer Vision, pp 346–354, Oct. 1986.Google Scholar