Closure properties of a probabilistic domain construction
Various closure properties of a domain theoretic construction for a probabilistic domain are considered. N. Saheb-Sjahromi's probabilistic domain construction is extended to non-algebraic domains, particularly RSFP objects. An abstract notion of a probabilistic domain is presented and the construction is shown to be free. Issues of computability and approaches to solving domain equations in probabilistic domains are addressed briefly.
KeywordsRandom Selection Closure Property Semantic Function Probabilistic Program Denotational Semantic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Burstall, R.M., and Goguen, J.A., Algebras, Theories and Freeness: An Introduction for Computer Scientists, in Theoretical Foundations of Programming Methodology, ed. by Broy and Schmidt, D. Reidel, 1982, 329–348.Google Scholar
- (2).Gordon, M. J. C., The Denotational Description of Programming Languages, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1979.Google Scholar
- (3).Halmos, P.R., Measure Theory, Van Nostrand, New York, 1965.Google Scholar
- (4).Kamimura, T. and Tang, A. Finitely Continuous Posets, University of Kansas, Dept. of Computer Science, TR-84-1, 1984.Google Scholar
- (5).Kamimura, T. and Tang, A. Retracts of SFP objects, in Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 239, Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- (6).Kamimura, T. and Tang, A. Retracts of SFP objects-projective limits, solving domain equations, Workshop on Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics, Manhattan, Kansas, 1986.Google Scholar
- (7).Kamimura, T. and Tang, A., Domains as Finitely Continuous CPOs, (to be presented) 3rd Workshop on Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics, New Orleans, 1987.Google Scholar
- (9).Main, M. G., Free Constructions of Powerdomains, in Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 239, Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- (11).Rabin, M. Probabilistic Algorithms, in Algorithms and Complexity, Academic Press, 1976, 21–40.Google Scholar
- (12).Royden, H.L., Real Analysis, MacMillan, New York, 1964.Google Scholar
- (14).Schmidt, D. A., Denotational Semantics, Allyn and Bacon, Inc., 1986.Google Scholar
- (17).Yemini, Y. and Kurose, J.F. Towards the unification of the functional and performance analysis of protocols or, is the alternating-bit protocol really correct?, in Protocol, Specification, Testing, and Verification, North-Holland, 1982, 189–196.Google Scholar