Half-dynamic scheduling with data-flow control
The main problem of parallel processing concerns how to utilize the multiple processors. Much effort has been put into increasing the utilization of the processors. This paper proposes scheduling algorithms for multiple processors combining static scheduling and dynamic scheduling with data-flow control. Evaluation is made in terms of feasibility, efficiency, and performance, through computer simulations.
KeywordsExecution Time Function Call Dynamic Schedule Static Schedule Execution Speed
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Acosta 86]R. D. Acosta, J. Kjelstrup, and H. C. Torng: “An Instruction Issuing Approach to Enhancing Performance in Multiple Functional Unit Processors,” IEEE Trans. on Computers, Vol.C-35, No.9, Sep. 1986, pp.815–828.Google Scholar
- [Amamiya 82]M. Amamiya, R. Hasegawa, and H. Mikami: “List Processing with Data Flow Machine,” RIMS Symposia on Software Science and Engineering, E. Goto, at.el. (editors), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, 1982, pp.165–190.Google Scholar
- [Arvind 81]Arvind and V. Kathail: “A Multiple Processor Dataflow Machine that Supports Generalized Procedures,” Proc. of the 8th Annual Symposium on Computer Architecture, May 1981.Google Scholar
- [Coffman 76]E. G. Coffman, Jr.: “Computer and Job-Shop Scheduling Theory,” John Wiley & Sons, 1976.Google Scholar
- [Sunahara 84]H. Sunahara and M. Tokoro: “Evaluation of Working Set Algorithms for Data-flow Machine,” RIMS Symposia on Software Science and Engineering, E. Goto, at.el. (editors), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, No.220, Springer-Verlag, 1984, pp.233–260.Google Scholar
- [Sunahara 86]H. Sunahara and M. Tokoro: “On the Working Set Concept for Data-flow Machines: Policies and Their Evaluation,” Fifth Generation Computer Architectures, J.V. Woods (editor), Elsevier Science Publishers B.V. (North-Holland), 1986, pp.147–160.Google Scholar
- [Tokoro 83]M. Tokoro, J. R. Jagannathan, and H. Sunahara: “On the Working Set Concept for Data-flow Machine,” Proc. of 10th Annual Symposium on Computer Architecture, Jun. 1983, pp.90–97.Google Scholar
- [Treleaven 82]P. C. Treleaven, D. R. Brownbridge and R. P. Hopkins: “Data-driven and Demand-Driven Computer Architecture,” ACM Computing Surveys, Vol.14, No.1, Mar. 1982, pp.93–143.Google Scholar