Locating parallel numerical tasks in the solution of viscous fluid flow
We present a method to solve the heat equation that couples mesh refinement with explicit time steps greater than the Courant condition limit. The method is implemented in parallel and executes efficiently.
KeywordsHeat Equation Coarse Grid Coarse Mesh Mesh Refinement Logical Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Berger, Marsha J. and Oliger, Joseph, Adaptive Mesh Refinement For Hyperbolic Partial Differential Equations, Journal of Computational PHysics 53, 484–512 (1984).Google Scholar
- Bolstad, John H., An Adaptive Finite Difference Method for Hyperbolic Systems in one space dimension, Lawrence Berkeley Lab LBL-13287-rev., (1982).Google Scholar
- Rodrigue, G., Kang, L., Lin, G., and Wu, Z., The Generalized Schwarz Alternating Principle, to be published.Google Scholar
- Rodrigue, G., Inner/Outer Iterations and Numerical Schwarz Algorithms, Journal of Parallel Computing Vol. 2, pp 205–218, (1985).Google Scholar
- Rodrigue, G., An Implicit Numerical Solution of the Two-Dimensional Diffusion Equation and Vectorization Experiments, Parallel Computatins, Academic Press, 101–128, (1982).Google Scholar