Boundary NLC and partition controlled graph grammars
The paper starts with a discussion of an application of graph grammars as means for determining polynomial-time recognizability of graph properties. Then boundary NLC graph grammars are reviewed with emphasis on the application outlined in the first part. Finally, partition controlled graph grammars are introduced as an extension of boundary NLC graph grammars which still preserves many of the properties of boundary NLC graph grammars and, moreover, allows a simple characterization result.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B]F.J. Brandenburg, On the complexity of the membership problem for graph grammars, in "Proceedings of the WG 83" (M. Nagl and J. Perl, eds.) pp. 40–49, Linz: Universitaetsverlag Trauner (1983).Google Scholar
- [EJaKRz]H.Ehrig, D.Janssens, H.-J.Kreowski, and G.Rozenberg, Concurrency of node labelled graph transformations, University of Antwerp, Report 82–38 (1982).Google Scholar
- [GaJo]M.R. Garey and D.S. Johnson, Computers and Intractability. A Guide to the Theory of NP-completeness. San Francisco: Freeman (1979).Google Scholar
- [HK1]A. Habel and H.-J. Kreowski, Some structural aspects of hypergraph languages generated by hyperedge replacement, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 247 (1987) 207–219.Google Scholar
- [HK2]A.Habel and H.-J. Kreowski, May we introduce to you: edge replacement, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, this volume.Google Scholar
- [LcWe]G.Lackner and E.Welzl, Coloring graphs in boundary NLC languages, manuscript (1987).Google Scholar
- [RzWel]G. Rozenberg and E. Welzl, Boundary NLC graph grammars — basic definitions, normal forms, and complexity, Inform. and Control 69 (1986) 136–167.Google Scholar
- [RzWe2]G. Rozenberg and E. Welzl, Graph theoretic closure properties of the family of boundary NLC languages, Acta Inform. 23 (1986) 289–309.Google Scholar
- [RzWe3]G. Rozenberg and E. Welzl, Combinatorial properties of boundary NLC graph languages, Discrete Appl. Math. 16 (1987) 59–73.Google Scholar
- [Sc]R.Schuster, Graphgrammatiken und Grapheinbettung — Algorithmen und Komplexität, Ph.D. thesis, Universität Passau, West Germany.Google Scholar
- [S1]A.O. Slisenko, Context-free grammars as a tool for describing polynomial-time subclasses of hard problems, Inform. Process. Lett. 14 (1982) 52–56.Google Scholar
- [Wel]E. Welzl, On the set of all subgraphs of the graphs in a boundary NLC graph language, in "The Book of L (G. Rozenberg and A. Salomaa, eds.), pp. 445–459, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer (1986).Google Scholar
- [We2]E.Welzl, Partition controlled graph grammars, manuscript (1987).Google Scholar