Map 0L systems with markers
As an extension of binary, propagating map OL systems with markers, map OL systems with markers (mMOL systems) are introduced which are nondeterministic and also neither binary nor propagating. Although most OL systems have a positive solution for their membership problem, the mMOL systems do not have a positive solution for this decision problem. This recursive unsolvability is proved. Also, the generating power is shown.
Key wordsmap generating systems map L systems membership problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. Claus, H. Ehrig, and G. Rozenberg (eds.): Graph-grammars and their application to computer science and biology, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 73, (1979).Google Scholar
- H. Ehrig, M. Nagl, and G. Rozenberg (eds.): Graph grammars and their application to computer science, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 153, (1983).Google Scholar
- W.T. Tutte: Graph Theory, Addison-Wesley, Publ. Co. Reading, Mass, (1984).Google Scholar
- A. Nakamura, A. Lindenmayer, and K. Aizawa: Some systems for map generation, in The Book of L (G. Rozenberg and A. Salomaa eds.) Springer-Verlag, 323–332, (1986).Google Scholar
- A. Nakamura: On causal ω2-systems, J. of Computer and System Sciences, 10, 253–265, (1975).Google Scholar
- A. Lindenmayer and G. Rozenberg: Parallel generation of maps: Developmental systems for cell layers, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 73, 301–316, (1979).Google Scholar
- A. Rosenfeld and J. P. Strong: A grammar for maps, in Software Engineering (J. T. Tou ed.), 2, 227–239, 1971.Google Scholar
- M.J.M. de Boer and A. Lindenmayer: Map OL-systems with edge label control: comparison of maker and cyclic systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, this volume.Google Scholar