Discrete analogue of the Neumann method is not optimal
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 278)
KeywordsComputer System Mathematical Logic Problem Complexity Modelling Distribution Algorithm Analysis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Neumann J. von. Various techniques used in connection with random digits. — In:Collected Works,vol.5 — London: Pergamon Press, 1963,pp.768–770.Google Scholar
- 2.Ermakov S.M. The Monte-Carlo Method and related questions. — Izd. M.: Nauka,1971,p.327.Google Scholar
- 3.Knuth D.,Yao A. The complexity of non-uniform random numbers generation in algorithm and complexity. — New-York, Academy Press, 1976,pp.357–428.Google Scholar
- 4.Pokhodzey B.B. Complexity and optimal algorithms of modelling "truncated" geometric and discrete uniform distributions. — Vest.Leningr.Uni.,1986,ser.I,vip.2,pp.118–119.Google Scholar
- 5.Pokhodzey B.B. Optimal method of generating Bernoulli distributions. — ENGRG, New-York, Academic Press,1976,pp.357–428.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1987