Spectral images of the chromospheres of AR Lacertae
We present a series of 18 images of the chromosphere of AR Lacertae (=HD 210334) These images were derived from Mg II k (2795 Å) spectra obtained with the IUE satellite. Three discrete plage regions can be seen on the K star, and an inactive region is visible on the G star. We also isolated a flaring region on the K star.
KeywordsSpectral Image Stellar System Stellar Surface Cool Star Discrete Feature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Neff, J.E. 1987a, Ph.D. thesis, University of Colorado, Boulder.Google Scholar
- Neff, J.E. 1987b, in Proc. Fifth Cambridge Workshop on Cool Stars, Stellar Systems, and the Sun, eds. J.L. Linsky and R.E. Stencel, Springer-Verlag, in press.Google Scholar
- Vogt, S.S., and Penrod, G.D. 1983, Pub. Astr. Soc. Pacific, 95, 565.Google Scholar
- Vogt, S.S., Penrod, G.D., and Hatzes, A.P. 1986, Bull. AAS, 18, 668.Google Scholar
- Walter, F.M., Neff, J.E., Gibson, D.M., Linsky, J.L., Rodonò, M., Gary, D.E., and Butler, C.J. 1987, Astr. Ap., in press.Google Scholar